Introducing: Parlee Z3 SL. 5,8kg/12.76lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

eigner

by eigner

mm. Well I managed to get the EDGE stem that was listed in here in the sales section some days ago. Also I sold my Pro stealth Evo at the same price of a new EDGE handlebar. So all I payed for changing the stem/bars was the price of the EDGE stem. I hope its good.
My alternative was an Extralite UL3 stem with Schmolke bars - this would have saved 50-60g, but maybe flex more or not looks as good. I am part WW and part FW (Fashion weenie) :wink:
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

Dougan

by Dougan

Sounds good, looking forward to photo's, I'm considering a Rotor stem with Zipp bars (will match my build better) but although the Pro Stealth Evo bars are a bit heavier I really like the shape, look and cable runs you get with them.

Dougan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eigner

by eigner

What size pro stealth evo do you have?

I had a 90mm*42cm. This weighed in at 300g. I don't think that is THAT heavy. Especially when you look at alternatives. When you look at weights of EDGE parts and when you consider the stiffness of the pro stealth evo. I have never made it flex under ANY load. ITs just rock solid.

I am really looking forward to seeing your Z4 (oh did I mention I actually miss it? Its a beauty!) with the new parts :)
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

Dougan

by Dougan

I have 42 c/c x 120 long and they weigh 360g so considering you only use about half the amount of bar tape I'm happy with that.
I've had lighter combinations, Zipp Syntace etc but overall I prefer the EVO's. I bought them originally to put on my Addict so as the frame/fork is so light to start with I wasn't worried about gaining 40-50g on the bars.

My Parlee is a bit heavier than the Addict at 14.3 pound but I know a few places I can save weight to get it under 14 :D

Dougan

eigner

by eigner

Got my EDGE bars today. They seem very well made. I hope they are as comfortable and stiff as the pro stealth evo.

salok

by salok

I like the shape of the EDGE handlebar, what legth is the stem ?
can´t wait to see the result.. :thumbup:

eigner

by eigner

its a 90mm stem. I went from 54cm TT with no-setback post to 55.5cm TT with setback. So I needed a shorter stem.

musket

by musket

Is it just me, or is that King cup in upside down?

eigner

by eigner

King? Its Extralite. What you can see is EXTRALITE :wink:

musket

by musket

Right you are - it looks like an upside down "I N" though!

BmanX

by BmanX

King headsets do go on light weight builds as not every single part is about being the lightest possible weight or he would not have gone with the EDGE bars and stem. There is a reason so many people use King headsets and Thomson posts. Contact points are another area people tend to go a bit heavier if needed.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Frisco

by Frisco

looking good!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

BmanX wrote:King headsets do go on light weight builds as not every single part is about being the lightest possible weight or he would not have gone with the EDGE bars and stem. There is a reason so many people use King headsets and Thomson posts. Contact points are another area people tend to go a bit heavier if needed.

Somewhere a weightweenie is crying.

eigner

by eigner

I thought I would just show you my new wheels and, well, then I kinda just lined up everything:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com