Introducing: Parlee Z3 SL. 5,8kg/12.76lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

eigner

by eigner

Finaly got the EDGE 1.0 from danish customs. YEY :mrgreen:
My god it looks good, and the matte finish is just like the one on the Z3. No wonder this fork (or the 2.0) is the one supplied with the frame.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Scapula, but I think I will try out the EDGE soon - it just looks RIGHT.

If it turns out to handle better than the THM scapula I might sell the Scapula, but if it is "only" just as good as the THM scapula, then I have a problem:

Be a fashion weenie or weight weenie: Weight of the Scapula vs looks of EDGE..

Also I still can not make up my mind regarding EDGE handlebars/stem. I changed the Pro stealth for another pro stealth (with 1cm shorter stem). Also I changed the saddle for a tune speedneedle - I havent tried the speedneedle yet, so I dont know if it will stay on the bike. Will find out when/IF it should ever stop raining....
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

KWalker

by KWalker

How much weight will it add? Honestly unless you really need the grams for some kind of hillclimb competition or to get some new race record I would go with what looks better. The THM forks look like shit IMO and if you have such a nice semi-custom frame make it at least look the part. I guarantee the Edge fork will handle well. I have one on my bike and it has been nothing short of amazing. So much so that I am considering their rims if they're of the same quality. As for the Edge handlebars and stem they aren't very light for what they cost so you would be replacing them on looks alone. I can't stand the bend of the bar so I couldn't ride them. I think a Syntace stem would look nice and any carbon bar would work. If you want matte finish to can sand the bar with 800, 1400, then 1800 grit sandpaper and leave it or spray it with matte clear.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Gorgeous bike eigner. What is your opinion of the fibre-lyte chainrings? I have a pair on order and I would be interested to know have you been satisfied with their performance.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

felipedana

by felipedana

this is an amazing build.. congrats

I vote for the enve/edge bar/stem .. them it's my dream build atm :)

deuxwheels2

by deuxwheels2

beautiful.......since it's a custom what's the geomerty like?

eigner

by eigner

KWalker: I am not sure about the weight difference - should be 295g vs 260 (at 300mm) =35g
And I am not trying to beat any WW record, so you are absolutely right that the 35g weight difference probably wont matter much.

liam7020: The fibrelyte chainrings are superb. Nothing bad to say about them.

felipedana: So do I ;) So I am going to set my Pro Stealth evo up for sale. I will go for EDGE bars and stem.
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

eigner

by eigner

Okay. so a set of Edge /enve bars and stem would be around 600$ + shipping! This means I am looking for something else. Any suggestions as to what could replace my Pro Stealth evo?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I'm surprised more people don't have the New Ultimate stem and carbon handlebar. I've been using mine for several months. Extremely light and stiff.

TMK001

by TMK001

I guess if you are rolling around on edge rims, it all ties it back in together... I don't like having too many brands... It can all become a bit "fussy".

NorthWestDork

by NorthWestDork

Eigner,

How have the carbonfiber chainrings been holding up with Di2? I plan to buy some Fibre-lyte rings in the near future and just wonder how you feel about their durability with Di2.

eigner

by eigner

Still no issues regarding fibrelyte chainrings and DI2.

eigner

by eigner

Thought I would just drop a few pictures of the rebuilding going on:

EDGE composites stem and EDGE 1.0 road fork

Arundel Mandible cages in matte carbon finish
Arundel Mandible cages in matte carbon finish

Tuned speedplay zero ti. Now Alu butterflies and titanium bolts
Tuned speedplay zero ti. Now Alu butterflies and titanium bolts

Ax Lightness Deadulus and Tune Speedneedle
Ax Lightness Deadulus and Tune Speedneedle

Still missing handlebars. Suggestions besides EDGE/ENVE?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

eigner wrote:KWalker: I am not sure about the weight difference - should be 295g vs 260 (at 300mm) =35g
And I am not trying to beat any WW record, so you are absolutely right that the 35g weight difference probably wont matter much.

This is what weenies do though. Go for the lightest you can afford! Are there no weenies on here anymore?

mechanism

by mechanism

Where did you get the Arundel Mandible cages in matte carbon finish from?

BmanX

by BmanX

I know you said not to mention the EDGE/ENVE bars and stem but I was just able to pick up a bar and stem with EDGE on them and the price basically worked out to getting the stem for free. I can not say what I actually paid but it was a bit more than half of what you listed it would cost you. hunt around and you might be able to get a great deal. I really wanted to get the bars and stem as well but the price was just too much for me until now.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com