Introducing: Parlee Z3 SL. 5,8kg/12.76lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

eigner

by eigner

I was so excited to build the bike and ride it that i forgot to weigh the frame. I have ordered a set of CeramicSpeed BB30 bearings so I will get another chance to weigh the frame when i change the BB bearings and handlebars.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

bencolem

by bencolem

Truly a dream build - but I don't really get the bar/stem choice or why you're changing the BB cups?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Go with Edge/Enve bar stem and save about 70 grams.
The parlee Di2 option is still external and uses the heavy stock battery.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

BmanX

by BmanX

What would the weight be for the EDGE/ENVE bar stem be for 100mm stem. I have been thinking about these for my English build but was not sure about it.

I think my F99 stem is 96g for a 105mm and my bars are about 190ish.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

eigner

by eigner

I am really tempted to get edge bars and stem. Can I get them with enve decals now?
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

BmanX

by BmanX

If you do get them with ENVE decals will you be changing out your wheel decals to match.

Also if you do get the bars and stems, let me know so maybe we can buy two of each at the same time for a better price?
BIG DADDY B FLOW

gumgardner

by gumgardner

The Enve wheels are heavier...will the stem, handlebars and posts be heavier too?

BmanX

by BmanX

I hope not. My wheels are the lighter version thank goodness.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

Musiker

by Musiker

This close to getting a Parlee Z4 frame, your post don't help me decide against it :( - I see that you got a THM fork again? Why no EDGE.. Seems to be the norm for Parlee?

eigner

by eigner

I have an EDGE 1.0 at danish customs atm.. I hope to get it next week..

OrPe

by OrPe

eigner,

really gorgeous bike. very well done.

Oren
Frisco wrote:Great looking frame - how does the ride compare to the old Z4?

+1 ?

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

I really love the look of your bike. Also nice components.

Why are you going to change the fork? Just because it's an Edge/Enve or because the Scapula doesn't fit you well?

Did i say that i love the look of this bike!? :thumbup:
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

GGG

by GGG

Frisco wrote:Great looking frame - how does the ride compare to the old Z4?

+1 How does it compare?
Current Harem: Sally (Serotta Nove - Ti/C), Peggie (Pegoretti Love #3 - Alu), Speedy Custom Baum (Corretto - Ti)* & Climbing Baum (Corretto - Ti)*

*Lady names just never came to me.

eigner

by eigner

$mokeyJoe wrote:I really love the look of your bike. Also nice components.

Why are you going to change the fork? Just because it's an Edge/Enve or because the Scapula doesn't fit you well?

Did i say that i love the look of this bike!? :thumbup:

Well.. When i bought the Z4 I really wanted an EDGE 1.0, now I got one and I am really looking forward to trying it out. Theres nothing wrong with the scapula sp tuned, but the reviews on the EDGE forks are just too good for me to not give them a try.

Also I really like the EDGE /ENVE composites products, so of course that made the descision regarding purchase even easier ;)
Thats why I allso think about replacing the Pro Stealth evo combo with edge/enve stem and bars.
I am getting ENVE decals for my wheels, so I think it would look great with matching stem and handlebars.

On the Parlee Z4 vs Parlee Z3SL custom my first impression was that the Z3 is more stif and responsive and I feel more comfortable on it - mostly because its size fits me better than the Z4. I feel it climbs just as good as the Z4 - eventhoug it weigh less. I have now done around 1000km and participtated in 1 triathlon (600m/37km/7.5km) on the bike so I would like to put in more km's on the bike before writing the full review :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

eigner wrote:Well.. When i bought the Z4 I really wanted an EDGE 1.0, now I got one and I am really looking forward to trying it out. Theres nothing wrong with the scapula sp tuned, but the reviews on the EDGE forks are just too good for me to not give them a try.

Well, thanks eigner. There's nothing wrong with searching for maybe a better component! I know the feeling. :wink:

Your (and other black) bikes gives me some ideas for my next build.
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g