Hello-and a few upcoming projects

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

wiRIDEfast

by wiRIDEfast

Hello all,

I've been a several year lurker at this board mainly to salivate over the awesome bikes and builds that are posted. I'm a relatively new biker whom loves bikes but does not get to ride often. After an accident over a year ago and 15-20 new found lbs on my body I finally got the itch to get back into riding and trying to re-take control of my body weight to avoid potential health problems in the future.

I've got three projects for this winter to spring. The first is to find a saddle for my Matrix f-35 ISP. I currently only have 1 saddle between my two bikes. My wife refuses to let me take my favorite saddle off of her bike.

The second project is to have my Titanium roadie built. It needs a saddle, fork, and headset.

The third project is to either upgrade my wifes Cannondale R800si CAAD5 from the current 9speed 105 triple to the ultegra 6600 group I have lying around. I also want to upgrade the stem, bars, and wheels for her so the bike can shed some weight. It is very heavy currently.

I also wanted to try to do a WW build of an alloy frame with carbon stays. I was looking for a cheap chinese frame but cant seem to find any. Nashbar has a frame like the style for 200, but I was trying to save a bit on the frame since I want to do a mid to low 14lb build. Any ideas?

wiRIDEfast

by wiRIDEfast

Just an update: Got my Ti bike built, I am excited to get back into the swing of things. The bike is built as such:

49cm Titanium Frame
Fork: masi full carbon
Stem: deda zero 100
Bars: FSA SL-k Carbon
Shifters: Sram Red
Front derailleur: Sram Red
Brakes: Sram Red
Seatpost: Dean titanium
Seat: Specialized toupe team
Rear wheel: powertap gub laced on mavic open pro
Front Wheel: matrix 38mm full carbon tubular on matrix race hub.

The other bike is my wife's Cannondale that I got her a bit ago and I want to start to rebuild it little by little. Hopefully I can cut the weight of it a bit. The first few things I want to do are:
Change the stem-to something a bit longer and much lighter.
change the crank-i'm going to change it to one i have lying around first and then I hope to find something a bit cheaper. I'll also switch the bottom bracket to an external with ceramic bearing that I have on hand.
Get a better wheelset-these are 650s so I'm not sure if there are 650c generic chinese carbons available from any of the direct sellers.
Switch the groupset to either the ultegra I have on hand or Sram Force or Rival.
Upgrade to carbon handlebars.
Attachments
cannondale.jpg
2012-10-27_11-28-44_746.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com