DANICA - 5960g / 13.13 lbs Cervelo SLC. New pics on pg 8

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Here are some pictures of the Cervelo tuned post. As mentioned cut to 255mm and currently at 145g. As you can see I had to drill out one of the AX yokes to allow the bolt to enter from the top. Everything alright so far.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

BmanX

by BmanX

YES BABY! I DID IT!

I had a package in the mail yesterday with my BTP carbon cages that dropped the weight of my cages from 34g down to 24g for the pair and that was enough for the scale to drop down to 5890g / 12.98 on the build. I was so excited to see the numbers.

The best part of this is that I thought I would not without having to resort to a carbon saddle. So you know what is going to happen now. I am going lower. I am really thinking that the English build needs to have the EE brakes on it so the KCNC brakes will come out and that will drop about 30g off the build if not a bit more and then yes I can go with a carbon saddle and drop another 70goff the build. I can go sub 5800g for the SLC. This is getting stupid.

I LOVE IT!
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

I will be changing out the brakes and will be going back to the KCNC brakes as I feel that the EE brakes will be a better choice on my English custom build where the rear brake cable will be exiting the rear of the seat tube and I will almost be able to keep the housing directly behind the seat tube. Would not be able to do that with a standard brake.

With that being said as well, I think the saddle might go over to the English build as well so I might be looking at going with a carbon saddle of around 90g so the total weight that I could drop would be around 90g adn would mean that I could be under 5800g which would be fantastic. I will stop at that point 100% and call it a day. I think being 1000g under the UCI with an aero frame is a great stopping point.

I have some ti bolts coming for the pedals and once they are here and I have changed over the brake to the KCNC I will post some new pictures.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

Here are a few pictures of what the bike was like at the start after I bought the frame, forks and post.

I think at this point the build was 6090 but I went a bit backwards from there.

Cervelo SLC - new chainrings from Fibre-Lyte. A little bit of added weight but the build is currently sitting at 13.68 lbs.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

So I have decided to finally name my SLC "DANICA" my Raven Haired Rocket.

Took her out for a 3 hours 90km ride today and she was amazing. I think she will be getting some muscle in the next few weeks which in turn will increase her weight a bit but will give her a bit more speed.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Excellent work and modifications to make this your dream aero and light is right bike :thumbup:
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

KWalker

by KWalker

Any comments on the differences between the Arione and Aliante? I'm thinking of changing to one. I had an Arione before, but have always been curious about the Aliante.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

BmanX

by BmanX

Can not comment on the Aliante as I have never ridden one yet.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

KWalker

by KWalker

I meant Antares.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

BmanX

by BmanX

I have to say that I have been riding the Fizik for a very long time but after about 300km on the Antares I have to say that I think the style of the saddle might be better for my bottom than the Fizik which I have always loved.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

Dropped some more weight today.

I have been able to get my Speedplay X2's down to 122g per pair which I am very happy with.

I also changed out the bolts on the BTP to the correct ones which saved another 2g so in total 6g saved today for about $25.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

Danica today.

While I love a lady that is dressed up for the ball, I really love a lady that looks sporty and in a pony tail. So her weight has gone up a bit but it is from muscle for sure. FSA cranks with full aero chainrings from Fibre-Lyte. Sent over the spider to have them matched up as perfect as possible. Thanks Stephen. I also put the Arione CX on as I can ride that when I throw on some aerobars. I could not ride the Anteres in the aero position so it is now on the English build and is super comfortable.

Last edited by BmanX on Sat May 21, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

KB

by KB

Great project and my way of thinking. The only thing I would change with the bike would be to take off the wheel decals.

BmanX

by BmanX

I am actually thinking about doing that now as EDGE is no longer anyways and if I want, I could buy new ENVE decals. Need to get the rear wheel trued in the near future as well.

Actually for this bike to be completely finished I need to make the shifter levers all black and buy a new RED black rear derailleur and then it would be complete.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com