DANICA - 5960g / 13.13 lbs Cervelo SLC. New pics on pg 8

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

I weighed the bike and it is currently 5960g / 13.13 lbs. This bike is a rocket.

I have now updated the cranks to some new to me Lightning 170mm with semi aero Fibre-Lyte 50T and a FSA 36t small ring (just until I change over the rings on my English build) then this will get a 34t carbon inner.

Berk saddle is not new but I am ridding this now and it is an amazing piece of kit. So nice to ride this saddle even though everyone that sees it thinks I am nuts.

The stem/bars were supposed to be a lot more but in the end we could not do what I was hoping for so we just settled for the stem/bar bonded. That being said, these bars are solid and feel so amazing while out of the saddle sprinting and climbing.

I have two ELITE CRONO aero bottles on order and will have to sort out the cassette as my aluminium KCNC has two broken teeth and is basically done. Will have to find something light and 11/23

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

BmanX

by BmanX

This bike will have SRAM wireless once it is available.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

How do you like the front brake?
██

BmanX

by BmanX

I have zero issues with the front brake but you have to set it up correctly. I use my front brake more than the rear and I should be using better pads but it works very well.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ferrarista

by ferrarista

BmanX wrote:I have zero issues with the front brake but you have to set it up correctly. I use my front brake more than the rear and I should be using better pads but it works very well.

good to know. Always wanted to try the front brake on my bike. I agree you should use a better pad like the enve pads. If not, black prince or even the campy red carbon pads are very very good. They also make them shimano compatible part# cam-br-bo500x.
██

BmanX

by BmanX

I can't order the ENVE pads direct as the site is blocked from Canada.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Didn't know that. That sucks. There is always fairwheelbikes, but I see they are backordered for shimano version at the moment.

Did you try sending an email or calling enve?
██

BmanX

by BmanX

Yes I called and emailed. Said I would have to buy them off the site but have no access in Canada. I will just buy them elsewhere when I can.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I wish you would have said something. I have some SwissStop Black, and Renyolds Cryro Blue pads I could have sent you with the cranks.

BmanX

by BmanX

Well I am looking for some PRAXIS rings and I happen to know that someone is selling some.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Just let me know. I would be glad to unload them. I think 52/36 is my new gear.

BmanX

by BmanX

That is my problem as I have to figure out if I go with 52/36 and my 11/28 on the back or I stick with my 50/34 and my 11/23 on back. So many choices!
BIG DADDY B FLOW

53x12

by 53x12

BmanX wrote:I can't order the ENVE pads direct as the site is blocked from Canada.

Try this?

http://www.backcountry.com/enve-carbon- ... ONECOL-CLO
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:That is my problem as I have to figure out if I go with 52/36 and my 11/28 on the back or I stick with my 50/34 and my 11/23 on back. So many choices!

For lightness 50/34 11/23 is best. I wanted more top end so I went 52/36 11/23. I did a 102 mile ride with 11,000ft of climbing on Saturday, and I only wanted lower gearing the last 15-20 miles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com