DANICA - 5960g / 13.13 lbs Cervelo SLC. New pics on pg 8

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

Lovely bike BmanX! I love the black and still some nice white touches. Not too stealth. Nicenice! :thumbup:
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

The frame was done at Dekerf in Vancouver Canada. Chris is an amazing frame builder and painter. Hindsight I should have taken the time to sand down the frame the way that I wanted and paid less for the painting but in the end it easier for me at the time to pay somone to do what I wanted them to do. Also he is only 10 minutes from work so it was easy to drop it off there. $750 for the frame but Chris would only hand sand the frame which took a bit to do and that is where the most of the money went. Next frame that I build up will have all exposed carbon if possible and I will sand it myself but have him spray the clear.

The goal of 12.99 lbs is two fold. I wanted to see how light I could get with this build and for the most part I am a cheap bugger. The wheels were the exception but guys do unusual things when they go through a break up. The wheels were my way of spending the money from the engagement ring I sold. It was the best money I have ever spent in the last 5 years.

The frame and forks are on the heavy side compared to what is out there at this time. When time has run its course with this build, I will sell the frame, forks and post. I will at that time change over all the parts to a new project bike which will have a sub 300g fork and a sub 900g frame. I will also be able to do a lighter seat post which would mean that I could potentially drop another pound and have a sub 12 lbs bike with clinchers which is my 2 year plan. By then there should be some new and wonderful things to add.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

worstshotever

by worstshotever

BmanX wrote:The wheels were the exception but guys do unusual things when they go through a break up. The wheels were my way of spending the money from the engagement ring I sold. It was the best money I have ever spent in the last 5 years.

Congrats on your new wheelset! May you have a long and happy relationship together! :thumbup:

Awesome build. I like your long-term plan too.

BmanX

by BmanX

Well I can tell you that these wheels will last longer than the relationship did.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

NEW PICTURES ADDED.

BIG DADDY B FLOW

sfcyclist1

by sfcyclist1

Sweet build. I wish I fit a 54cm when you're ready to part with it.. ;)

BmanX

by BmanX

Well I am not ready to part with it yet. The only way that I would even think about it would be if I could get an 800g 54cm frame with a sub 300g forks and a 100g seatpost.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

New Dremel + 20 minutes = Sub 6000g
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

Got the Deda bar tape today and cut 1.375" off the end of the bars. Still leaves a short ledge for the hands and feels comfortable. Saved 10g to drop the weight of the bars below 190g for Easton EC90 Equipes.

Only 70g away from target weight. Ward Ti spindles on the way which should drop the weight by half of what is needed to hit target weight.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

Nice ride! How do you like the Antares?

BmanX

by BmanX

So far so good. I need a lot more hours in the saddle to say yes or no. I can ride any saddle up to about 2 hours but after that is when I start to notice a saddle and I just do not have that much time (over 2 hours) on the saddle.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

So I gained some weight by going with the Challenge Latex tubes which did gain me 14g but I am sure what I lost in weight I will gain in rolling resistance and a more supple ride.

I did drop some great weight by going with the Ward Ti Spindle on my X2's which dropped the weight from 175g with aluminum butterflies down to 126g. So we are now closer to Nano weight which is great.

So the weight now sits at 5940g and I am only 50g away from my target.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

djm

by djm

Seriously nice bike BmanX.

I am almost tempted to go ahead and sand down an old carbon bike I have... Although, the carbon won't look as sweet as on the SLC-SL.

BmanX

by BmanX

I was able to get a custom carbon cradle for the Cervelo seatpost and matched that up with some AX yokes and ti bolts. I was able to get the seat post down to 145g with a length of 255mm.

The build is now down to 5910g / 13.02 lbs and I am very very close to my goal.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Beautiful bike - really clean and simple. Looking at your component weights you seemed to have been really fortunate as well - many are at the very light end of their 'normal' weight range - lucky man!
How are you finding the KCNC cassette with that set-up?
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti