Rambler C 50....you Likey?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

eigner

by eigner

I really, really like it :thumbup: Keep it up and dont change anything :mrgreen: Id love to ride it and I dont get what people think is wrong with your awesome C50 :noidea:
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

rico

by rico

You've done yourself no favours with that childish and overwrought response. You asked what people thought and...they told you.

Many of us who are lucky enough to own a great frame or two want to build it up with a sense of restraint and, dare I suggest it, taste. Obviously this is a personal judgement. But to go through life constantly wanting what you have to stand out in a crowd speaks of a sense of personal insecurity in some ways.

It seems bit mad to appeal to the 'exclusivity' and 'prestige' of your bike on a forum that has some of the best roadbikes in the world on it, just as it does to sound off about passing us on the road when there are also some very strong/pro riders here.
Last edited by rico on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rambler

by Rambler

Just one question - are the Ram bars all white, or is there some black in them across the middle (where the 'stem' meets the 'bars')? It's just, if they're all white, where's the black coming from so your bars are world champ co-ordinated too?[/quote]

Cinelli Ram 2's...White paint on Black Carbon...graphic's on bars match the design on the seat...you can see the carbon between the White paint...entire stem is White.

Thanks

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

now now children play nicely, with the updates i absolutely love the bike, except for the bar tape, awesome boras!!

Simon BP

by Simon BP

Damn that is a nice ride!! I would love to see it irl! If it was my bike, the only thing I would change is the bartape for some all white(because I am so boring! :wink: ) Other than that, congratulations with it!

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

There's an immense difference on the two versions.

The first version looks like Sh1t. It looks like the frame is too big, as the seat is so low and the ugliest stem and the ugliest handlebar on the market combined with the worst choice of handlebar tape results in blinding ugliness.

But on the second version it all comes together. (except for the tape. White please). This is in reality a very nice bike! The best Colnago paint scheme ever and the Bora's are very cool, too. The higher seat and lower bars also do a lot aesthetically. Yes, small details count.

But make sure you move when I yell "on your left" :twisted:

worstshotever

by worstshotever

This is one of those bikes that I suspect you've got to see in person. I don't think pictures do my bike justice, and I'm sure they don't do this much more extreme build justice, either. (But I also like it with the new pieces more than I liked it originally.)

Rambler

by Rambler

TAPE: Funny...I actully changed it to pure WHITE after I had the seat and post done...I must agree that it looks "cleaner" with the White tape (since the front end of the bike is White)...but we all know that White does not stay White for very long.

Wheels: Wheels will be custom painted very soon...I am still working on the "details"...but the OG Bora 2 stickers we're just not doing it for me...thus I had these made....based on the Bora Art Contest that Campy had. (See Campy website, Mad for Campy link...pics)

If anyone cares...the Bora Ultra Two's are just AWESOME...they are truly "all that"....my buddy has a set of custom Lightweights...as in one of one in the world...custom painted by Lightweight...and while they too are awesome...I don't feel the diff is worth the money...and the Bora 2's with the ceramic berrings are a bit faster on the downhills.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

Some really likes it, and some really doesn't. That is like very expensive art.

skouri1

by skouri1

Do you have a pic with the pure white bartape?
I bet it looks like a whole other animal...
Last edited by skouri1 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

StefanR

by StefanR

the frame looks nice.
the rest too much circus bike for me. also, please take better pictures, the frame deserves it.

regards from another little brain.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

StefanR

by StefanR

Tinea Pedis wrote:And, not that i condone what people have said, popping your bike up on the net and then cutting up rough when people don't like it is the equivalent of the female "does my a$$ look big in these jeans?"

come on, come on Tinea, this forum is full of good examples of crying boys "does my $$ new bike look great?" after they got the first critique. this is not the only case.
Last edited by StefanR on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diversity.....

StefanR

by StefanR

rico wrote:You've done yourself no favours with that childish and overwrought response. You asked what people thought and...they told you.

Many of us who are lucky enough to own a great frame or two want to build it up with a sense of restraint and, dare I suggest it, taste. Obviously this is a personal judgement. But to go through life constantly wanting what you have to stand out in a crowd speaks of a sense of personal insecurity in some ways.

His behaving in 5 words says absolutely nothing about his personality, insecurities and non insecurities.
diversity.....

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Black bartape and sadlle!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Why oh why :(
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓