Black and White Scott Addict Build.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BMOLLOY

by BMOLLOY

It has been a very long time since I have posted a build here. My last couple of bikes I have picked up do not fit the WW build by a long shot. I am for the most part done with my most recent project, a Scott Addict R3 build.

I started with the 2010 R3 frameset for the color, I have wanted to do a black and white project for a while and this frame was perfect for what I had in mind. I did not initially think I was going to get this below 6.8, but I am there so now I feel like I have to shed a some more weight to actually make it light. I will start with a picture.

Here is the build list with weights.

Now for what you all want... More Pictures

The Pro Stealth Evo Bars Cable routing is top notch.

All black and white... (ok, a few little spots of red too)

I had to modify the seat post clamp a bit. Krylon to the rescue.

Pro Bottle Cages. These are chunks but they match.

The SRAM Force Drive train was too perfect. I had to take the weight penalty here.

Pro Stealth Evo Post with a Specialized Toupe Saddle on top.

Pro Stealth Evo Bar Stem Combo. The computer mount just kills me.

I am thinking now about shedding some weight, but the color scheme is more important than the weight to me. (I know, blasphemy to say that here.) My possible future upgrades are a SRAM Red FD, KCNC C7 brakes, Yokozuna cables, and Specialized Roubaix bar tape (I really don't like the Fizik tape I put on it and it is incredibly heavy). Any other suggestions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Your bike looks great! And I think it'll look that way for years to come.

The integrated PRO bar / stem combo is sharp, as is the white seat clamp.

Don't sweat the lame Garmin computer mount. When the computer is in place, it hides most of the mounting gear.

Tell me about your pedal decision. Have you used X/1 forever? Can you compare them to the Zeros?

And you're using the new blue Reynolds pads. What did you use before? Do you like them?

I don't think Yokozuna cables will save you much, if any weight. Maybe I-links and I-link Mini cables? You could swap out the heavy Garmin magnet for the tiny Tune magnet at Fairwheel Bikes and save +20g for super cheap.

BMOLLOY

by BMOLLOY

Johnny Rad wrote:

Tell me about your pedal decision. Have you used X/1 forever? Can you compare them to the Zeros?

And you're using the new blue Reynolds pads. What did you use before? Do you like them?

Thanks for the input. I have been using the Speedplay x series pedals for about 7 years now so it is really all I know anymore on a road bike. I never switched to the Zeros because I already had a couple of pairs of the x series on different bikes. I only have the one ti pair but that might change now that I see that Ward is making the ti spindles. I love these pedals and I do not have any complaints.

Before the Reynolds Blue pads I was using the Reynolds Baradine pads that worked just fine for me. I have DV46's, and have had Attacks before these MV32's. (I fell into the MV32's otherwise I would have kept the Attacks forever.) The Baradine pads squealed like hell the first few rides on the Attacks but I think that was the rims because I never had the same problems when I changed pads as they wore out. I honestly have not ridden the blue's enough to have any opinion yet, they are brand new and have only been around the block to test the build.

I will keep the build updated here. I will look into the I-link cables, and the magnet, that is a good idea.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

Stunning bike, very nicely put together. Just dont upgrade to a Red fd, they are rubbish and doesn't work very good, no one uses them anymore.

Brentspeedgsxr

by Brentspeedgsxr

Dude that is one of the best looking bikes Ive seen. I really dig it.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

That is a great looking bike!

Wouldn't have the stand alone weight of the wheels by any chance...?

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

http://fairwheelbikes.com/far-and-near-cable-tips-p-3246.html

:wink:

BTW, is the Scott fork safe to use with a starnut?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

BMOLLOY

by BMOLLOY

Ypsylon wrote:
BTW, is the Scott fork safe to use with a starnut?

I have not cut the fork down so I do not know exactly what system they are using inside the fork. It does not look like a compression plug or a starnut exactly, more like an insert. I will find out more when I cut it down to size.

Those cable ends are going to have to find their way onto this bike for sure. I have been looking at getting some KCNC C7 brakes from fairwheel bikes so those will have to be added to the list too.

BMOLLOY

by BMOLLOY

Tinea Pedis wrote:That is a great looking bike!

Wouldn't have the stand alone weight of the wheels by any chance...?

Here is the Breakdown on the MV32ULC's...

On a side note... I am glad it is Tinea Pedis and not Tinea Cruris! I am sure there is a great story with that.

MV32ULC Weight

micky

by micky

Very nice paint scheme!

benolium

by benolium

Nicely Done!

superleggera

by superleggera

This is one of the best looking Scott bikes i've ever seen! I love it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Thanks mate :beerchug:

And side story is I am a Podiatrist :lol: