Cyfac Absolu Custom...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Just got this built back up after NAHBS. Sad to see the EE cranks and AX wheels go. This bike weighed 12 pounds and change like that. And yes, that included the rear der hanger (who the fu** doesnt use one?). actually that was with pedals and cages. Now it's 13.5

Red one side, blue the other... Let France fly the flag!

LouisN

by LouisN

I would like to have riding reviews of this one !!! Must be a happy costumer !!!

And pictures with EE cranks would have been cool (not the gold ones ehh?)

Not that I'll be able to ever pay me one (besides winning the lottery, or the Probikekit contest :) ).

But I read so many great things about them.

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The bikes first ride was pretty nice. I have to change out the wheels to the ones I use every day but I can say it's a smooth ride like the Serotta and Parlee bikes. Stiffness is good but I didnt really pound it at all... just a check in ride.

The EE are really a smart design. very easy set up, super simple and stiffness that's suprising wih the weight.

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

vive le france at the ok corral.... :mrgreen:

(puuuurty bike, by the way!)

range
Shop Owner

by range

Nice Cyfac. They are rare, but available as complete customs. Im also curious about the ride report.
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Charles - mate looks awesome.

But that stem....

:doh:

Segraves8

by Segraves8

Beautiful! I love the red/blue paint job :lol: :thumbup:

boysa

by boysa

I was ogling this one at NAHBS when Eric from Cyfac told me it was yours... I should've known! Beautiful! How are you liking the Tune skewers?
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

johnymac

by johnymac

:thumbup: love it, love it, love it, glad to see another cyfac although yours is much nicer. cant wait to read full ride review.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The Tune QR's went back. Not for any reason, they were borrowed. I have Tiso QR's on now. Red clamps on the red side, blue bolts the other. I had a Chris King BB that was also Red one side bluw the other, but it came with the colors on the wrong sides so needed a swap...

A short ride today. Rides like I expected. More later but it's competitive with others that folks would compare it too (not a bad thing). Still need to get the house wheels on it and give it more gas... Just want to do a couple easy things because I can never trust the jackass that puts all the parts on... (me)

LouisN

by LouisN

PezTech wrote:The Tune QR's went back. Not for any reason, they were borrowed. I have Tiso QR's on now. Red clamps on the red side, blue bolts the other. (me)

I was about to ask that one, but you beat me to it !!!

The Zipp wheels would be nice with the left side blue, and the right side in red.....(Kidding !!! But then again, after seeing your BMW bike, this might just give an idea) :lol: !!!

Louis :)

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Excellent!

Why no Vuma Quads?
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

bencolem

by bencolem

Stunning bike - but the quality of the pictures really stand out for me!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Used the Eastons because they came matte finished already (though re-doing Vumas would have been no trouble at all with the solid gell coat they have). Honestly I need to mix things up a little more, and the colors worked pretty well.

I actually had a set of Logo's that were red on white one side and blue on whit on the other, but they were not going to be done in time for NAHBS.

There are a couple other wheel sets that will run on this bike anyhoo, so I figured the 303 were a good fit. Honestly this bike could run Roubaix like this. Double wrapped bars, comfy saddle, solid fram and the 303 just won flanders... this is a heck of a solid build (though I would have chosen 24-25 tires for cobbles.

Then again I don't ever want to ride a cobble if I can help it, so who am I kidding...

Hey they took a little video of the work putting on the blue... no decals on this bike.

CYFAC Pez Painting ready for clear

Kinda neat