2010 CAAD9 @ 6.32kg and 2009 SLICE - Now with SRM :)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RudeE

by RudeE

Looks like your seat got to close to the fire...haha

natefontaine

by natefontaine

update - 2/5/11
Attachments
303's and selle italia SLR saddle
303's and selle italia SLR saddle
Last edited by natefontaine on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

natefontaine

by natefontaine

Since the last update about 1 year ago, many things have changed. With your suggestions I changed out many parts. Pedals are now DA7810. Just picked up set of KCNC C6 brakes, not sure how I feel about the aesthetics of them, though 100g swing. On my 3rd and maybe final saddle. Searching for a new saddle that is comfortable and light. Took a gamble and pick up a used Selle Italia SLR with titanium rials. Amazing how good it feels. Change the CPU to a Cateye double wireless. Bar tap to lizard skin DSP Race. Extralight Topcap+ultrastar2 expander and 10mm speedpark headset cap, replaced the stock Cannondale parts. Zipp303+Continental Sprinters. Thomson stem. And logged more than 8,000km of pure excitement.

Finally going to have the last piece coming together soon, and final weight should be close to 6.8-6.9kg.

SiSL crank is 2weeks out, back ordered from Cannondale. When that is installed I will post a full update, and be done changing out parts for quite some time.

HWWilson

by HWWilson

This is much more like it, very purposeful.

natefontaine

by natefontaine

https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0Ah7jMjiKyprMdDF4ejFVYXE4bjAycy1QV2lVZ05ZTWc&single=true&gid=0&output=html
An updated list of components and weights as it sits now without the SISL cranks. Black background is the unverified weights, though at 7.11kg it is verified so the unknown weights were adjusted.

devinci

by devinci

It will look nice with sisl cranks, are they coming with the fsa made rings or the discountinued cannondale MARK rings?

natefontaine

by natefontaine

Straight from Cannondale, so I am not sure, I hope they are the MK's. I am still waiting to find out if it comes with the bearings, ceramic or steel?

devinci

by devinci

I would not think the crankset comes with bearings. I would pick steel ones though.

natefontaine

by natefontaine

Cranks are in :D but the spindle won't be until next week :roll:

natefontaine

by natefontaine

Went to the shop to get the cranks installed. When I picked up the crank to check it out, I noticed something wrong right away, to my dismay the shop ordered the wrong size spider. COMPACT, not Standard. I was a disappointed, but these things happen. Guy said to me that he thought I wanted standard. That was the problem, he "thought" instead of "know" he didn't look at the ticket, but could have just called me to ask. One month of waiting, now I have to wait AGAIN.

On a bright note, it does come with the MK rings, and man was that crank amazing, everything about it was sweet looking. Just wish I could be posting with better news.

natefontaine

by natefontaine

The 'weight' was totally worth it. Ended up getting both 130 spider and rings too. What an awesome shop, a good LBS is well worth paying full retail. For now just a teaser shot.
Attachments
Teasershot
Teasershot

natefontaine

by natefontaine

See final update at the top of the thread.

devinci

by devinci

my suggestion: get your hoods straight

nice bike

natefontaine

by natefontaine

I'll might try adjusting the hoods again, I have tried them "straight" some time ago and I got wrist pain, maybe it was wrong. What is your reasoning to have them straight? And what am I looking at to make them straight, not questioning your experience, just curious.

They are adjusted that way because I found it most comfortable. Shifting to be easier in the drops. In the pursuit position, my wrist are straight and flat against the base of the shifter while my forearms rest on the top of the handlebar and elbows at a 90 deg angle. Not sure why I would want to change. Please advise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com