Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tranzformer

by tranzformer

BB30
Aluminum
Handmade in USA
BBQ

Enough said. Still waiting on my Hallowgram crankset. I put the order in on our team order. Took about 12 weeks just to get the frame in. The crank is still another 2-3 weeks out supposedly according to the sales rep for Cannondale. If you are interested in a made in USA CAAD9 frame, I would highly recommend putting your order in ASAP as I'm not sure how inventory will do in the upcoming months. Will put it up on the scale in the next couple of days. Build project to follow as I gather the parts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

nice i love dales and will probably get another CAAD at some point, but i dont get this made in USA business, i am looking forward to the next CAAD iteration, and i dont care where it is made. as long as it rides well then thats all i really care about, ive done the made in italy colnago thing and my extreme power was a piece of cr@p, although my C50 was vey nice. i now ride a taiwanese made specialized SL2, which cost half the price of the extreme power and is twice as good.

micky

by micky

Im interested in the BBQ part. :mrgreen:

Waiting for final pics! :thumbup:

djconnel

by djconnel

There's more at issue than price-versus-immediate value. If I toss my trash on the street instead of using the trash can, that's easier (lower cost) and gets rid of the trash just as well. There's something to be said for supporting manufacturing technology in ones own country, especially if one cares about the well-being of the subsequent generation.

But what I really want to know is: How much does it weigh? BBQ is painted, right?

tranzformer

by tranzformer

DJ hit it on the head; enough jobs are being out sourced here in the States. I want to support the local guys as much as I can. I have always thought I would have a CAAD9 at some point and the move away from being made in USA made me pull the trigger. A CAAD9 is as American to me as beer and freedom fries. Not that the Asian made CAAD9 won't be any good, but I appreciate that an American welded my frame together. Just personal preference.

So did I hear you guys wanted weights? Your wish is my command, hot off the press.

Size 54 frame:

Premium carbon fork:

The frame weight is with RD hanger and no bottle cage bolts. So without RD hanger ~1240g or so?

I am going to need some help picking parts. I already have the crank ordered, Hallowgram SISL. My shop owner and I laughed that my crank cost more than my frame! :thumbup: But he agreed with me it was a no brainer with the team discount and the fact that it out performs every other option I had.

Regarding the seatpost, should I go with an Edge carbon post or maybe Thomson? Anyone know which one would match the finish of the frame better? Also the fork is a bit porky at 450g, not sure what I should do about that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

1254 -- Nice! That's rock solid for 54 cm.