I also did a little painting today. It's NOT a poor man's "SRAM Red Limited Tour Edition." It's definitely a "custom" paint job. So much nicer sounding. Difficulty?
So easy you'll kick yourself for not doing it soonerDurability?
To be determinedSupplies needed
: paint (yellow Testors in my case; not matte), clear nail polish, fine tipped paint brush, tape and exacto knife
1) Tape off area to be painted
2) Paint 2-3 coats allowing time to dry between
3) Remove tape while paint is half-way between wet and dry
4) Allow paint to completely dry
5) Re-tape off area to be clear coated
6) Apply 2-3 coats of clear nail polish ... be VERY quick on the first coat or you might smudge your "custom" paint job
7) Remove tape
My paint work was very nice, but I smudged it a hair when applying the first coat of nail polish. Either the nail polish thins out the paint and/or the paint wasn't dry enough. I was bummed out, but it still looks OK. That's why I'm not posting close-ups!
*** Many thanks to benolium for sharing his simple "how to" paint SRAM Red with me via PM. Also, many thanks for the inspiration from the other WW members that have already done the same "custom" painting.