Aren't those vittoria Rubino tires?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

range
Shop Owner

by range

Oups, might be. I'll have to double check. They didn't come in a box and I didn't really thing about that!
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

range
Shop Owner

by range

Yep, Vittoria Rubino Pro. I was supposed to get the Open Corsa, but they didn't arrive in time. I got the Schwalbe Ultremo R1 instead.
Asterisk*Cycles
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Hey Range,

That's a great looking bike! Somehow I missed your post here until today :lol:

Yea, riding in taipei is not exactly care free! You could head up north to yangmingshan and go down to jinshan to the ocean and back up and down, it's a nice training ride I did there many times. Traffic there is okay too, pretty quiet actually at times - not in weekends though.

Zippmania

by Zippmania

What a super cool bike rangey you have there, well impressed :wink:

range
Shop Owner

by range

Thanks. Only changes that have been completed on this bike is swapping out the standard SRAM crank to a compact one.

I'm putting together a Velocite Geos bike, either with SRAM Red or Di2. I've got a few parts already, including TRP960s brakes, Velocite SCS saddle, Recon Ti cassette, and a few other bits and pieces. A few other weenie parts from Velocite, including their lighter TLCS31 seatpost and new lightweight clamps (Unity and Elemental, FD and seatpost clamps).

Geos will have Fulcrum Racing Zeros, which I can easily swap between the two bikes. I was actually thinking about a second hand Prince frame, but that didn't pan out as we're buying a house in Urbana-Champaign, IL.
Asterisk*Cycles

range
Shop Owner

by range

A few updates, will post pics in a few days. Swapped out the standard crank for a compact one 175mm.

Using Fulcrum Racing Zero 2-Way fit wheels with Michelin tubes and Schwalbe Ultremo R1 tires. Popped in a Recon Ti cassette and changed brake pads to SwissStop Yellow. Braking has noticeably improve by switching to alloy wheels and new pads. I ride a lot at night, so I need stopping power.

Added two Pro-Lite carbon bottlecages as well and a Garmin Edge 500.

Possible upgrades in the near future include changing the cabling from Jagwire to I-Links and Powercordz for smoother shifting.

Prototype Geos frame arrived today, but I haven't had time to build it up. With the Geos, I'll be trying to make a budget weenie. I haven't decided yet on the drivetrain, possibly SRAM Red, as I'll keep the Di2 for my premium bike that I'll decide upon in the next few weeks. It's between a Cyfac Absolu, RXR, and a Cento1 SL for now.

SRAM Red is pretty cheap to run and I like it. Plus, my other bike has got Red, so swapping wheels is easy.

The ride is stiff and durable. It's my first time riding a titanium frame and I'm enjoying it. Changing the wheels from carbon fiber aeros to lower-profile alloys made a world of difference. The ride isn't bone-jarring stiff, and the bike is forgiving for long rides. Even though it's titanium, the bike is pretty light. I haven't weighed her recently, but I think that with the upgrades, I'm below 7kg or close to it. I'll report when I have a weigh-in.

I'm really like the Fulcrums. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't notice the difference between the Fulcrum Racing 0s and the 3s, so the 3s would be well suited for a general purpose training wheel. I don't run tubeless for now.

Shifting is smooth with the Recon Ti cassette. It's somewhat less smooth than with the Powerdome, but not by much.
Asterisk*Cycles

range
Shop Owner

by range

Asterisk*Cycles