by banik

Nice project, Italian job :D
https://www.instagram.com/banik_kapa/?hl=el

2010 Giant Tcr Advanced
2012 Bmc Slr 01
2016 Scott Foil
2018 Trek Emonda Slr Team Issue

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Very promising...

Please do post pics as soon as you get it finished...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

Aaarghhh! I waited 2,5 months for the frame, fork and handlebar to return from the painter...to learn that he applied some key decals the wrong way. The "Made in Italy" decals should be between the derailleur hook and the bottom bracket - as shown in the above photo (a photo from the frame as it was and should be). He applied it close to the seat post clamp. Also, the "Bianchi signature" decal should be on the drive side not on the other side of the top tube. Back to the painter.

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Timo

by Timo

On otherwise splendid paintjob so I feel awful about the mistakes with the decals. I hope it will be repainted soon...

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

jdp211

by jdp211

Other than the decal placement, looks gorgeous

jmilliron

by jmilliron

The signature, I'm having a hard time getting worked up about. I can see how the Made in Italy placement would bug you though. Beautiful looking paint.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

kgt

by kgt

Wow! This is gonna be hot!
Last edited by kgt on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timo

by Timo

jmilliron wrote:The signature, I'm having a hard time getting worked up about. I can see how the Made in Italy placement would bug you though. Beautiful looking paint.

Well, the request was to repaint the chipped and scratched old frame just like it was. Like on all other Bianchi's from the 1990's the signature was on the drive-side and the Italy decal was located beteen the derailleur hook and the bottom bracket. It took me considerable time to find that exact "Made in Italy" decal and that exact head tube decal through ebay. The painter drew a complete scedule for the correct placement of the decals on frame, fork and handlebar. Thus applying them like this is simply wrong and will not do. This is not what I ordered, not what I waited for these past 2,5 months and not what I paid for.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Fair enough. So you will have to source new decals now?
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Timo

by Timo

Indeed, all I have for now is links to expired ebay auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Made-in-Italy-decal ... 45eac31eb3

Timo

by Timo

Well, I found that they are closed on Saturdays so I've send the painter an email to express my complaint. Let's hope it all works out for the best soon. Meanwhile a photo of the complete combination which will give you guys an impression of what it will look like. Will be build with Centaur 2010, Rotor rings, Chorus seat post, pedals, bottle cages, Record 1" headset and Bora One wheels with custom decals (Campagnolo in white and Bora in celeste), celeste bartape and a celeste Flite saddle.

tarz

by tarz

Celeste overload!!!
But Timo it will look fantastic once your done!
Really unique build, I just cant believe that even after pictures and diagrams were drawn up about decal placement they could get them wrong, i mean the signature maybe not as bad, but the italy decal is clearly way off!

Cant wait to see the finished product!!

kgt

by kgt

The only thing I find irrelevant is Rotor rings. Out of place...

I am not sure about seleste bartape and seleste saddle also.
They will fade after a while and will never properly match the frame's color.
Black or white would be better.

Timo

by Timo

I spoke to the painter today and he will correct this. A complete respray seems not necessary but he can remove the decals and place new ones (the same way he often removes names from original owners from 2nd hand bikes).

I agree on the saddle and tape but the good thing about those parts is that they are easily replaced once they start to fade...or as soon as the celeste overkill starts to hurt my eyes :)

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

nice to see this project progress!

uhm, about the bar tape and the saddle, me too, i believe that this would be just too much celeste. i'd definitely go for black w. bar tape and saddle. no more celeste, please!

otherwise a great project - enjoy!
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com