Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:59 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Colnago C60 RSCG
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:59 pm 

Hi all,

Here's my C60. Had her for about a year now and every ride is smooth and sweet :)

Build list:
C60 RSCG
Campy Record Mechanical 2015
Campy Bora One clinchers
Conti GP 4KS II 23mm
Deda Zero 100
Deda Presa
Deda perforated bar tape
Selle Italia SLR

Turned out really nice. Even the red accents on the fork, rims, stem, bars and saddle stitching were unplanned, but worked out well.

Also wasn't sure going bright or dark label, but I think bright suits better.

I came from a Dogma2 DI2 and I was worried I would miss e-shifting, but new Campy Mech is soo good, I don't even see a need to go EPS. Front shifting I would argue is even faster than the default DI2 setting.

Ride as expected is smooth, nimble and agile. Does not feel as low and planted as the Dogma, but no slouch if you put the hammer down.

My only regret? I should've gone Super Record and Bora Ultra!not that there would be any significant performance gain, but just so I would be done with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dogmatic13 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Colnago C60 RSCG
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:00 pm 

Proper Colnago build. Looks great! What size frame and what is your saddle height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:09 am 

I'm so happy you posted this build. I'm building up a C60 and have been deciding between Super Record mechanical vs EPS. I was finding it hard to justify the ~$2,000 premium for electronic shifting. Next bike I'll probably go electronic shifting with disc brakes, so I'll mine all mechanical!

Also, are your Bora One's tubular or clincher? I'm going Bora Ultra and can't decide between the feel of tubs vs the convenience of clinchers.

Great bike and build!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:37 am 

fogman wrote:
Proper Colnago build. Looks great! What size frame and what is your saddle height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fogman! It's a size 45s and my saddle height is 699mm. I'm more leg than torso, so my fit ends up with decent saddle to bar drop, which in my view on small frames like mine, helps balance things out.

The C60 though does have a longer reach than the Dogma, so I had to go to a 100mm stem vs 110 (and even 120) on the Dogma.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:54 am 

lw11 wrote:
I'm so happy you posted this build. I'm building up a C60 and have been deciding between Super Record mechanical vs EPS. I was finding it hard to justify the ~$2,000 premium for electronic shifting. Next bike I'll probably go electronic shifting with disc brakes, so I'll mine all mechanical!

Also, are your Bora One's tubular or clincher? I'm going Bora Ultra and can't decide between the feel of tubs vs the convenience of clinchers.

Great bike and build!

Thanks!

I was in a similar space. I could get 2014 Record EPS (old 5 arm crank) or 2015 Record 2015 Mech. I was worried about moving back to mechanical as Di2 is very good, but honestly I'm very impressed with what Campy has done to mechanical. My thinking was - get the latest gen group set first, then if I really miss electronic, then I go for the upgrade. There's something too about staying mechanical on the C60 - just a bit more purist.

On the Boras, haven't tried tubs but I really like my clinchers.gets up to speed so easily, smooth and surprisingly does really well climbing too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:51 am 

a very neat build to be proud of for sure. i agree that the elements have come together very nicely. it looks major Pro (a bit like a stock car) in a very good way. i agree re: mech campagnolo, it is very good (although i havent had elec to compare to). also i like your comment about getting SR so you "could be done with it" i know where you are coming from, on the other hand it is a hobby and so nice to still have a task ahead of you.

can i ask what country you are in? looks familiar to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:15 am 

Looks good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:47 pm 

Nicely done. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:50 pm 

mrgray wrote:
a very neat build to be proud of for sure. i agree that the elements have come together very nicely. it looks major Pro (a bit like a stock car) in a very good way. i agree re: mech campagnolo, it is very good (although i havent had elec to compare to). also i like your comment about getting SR so you "could be done with it" i know where you are coming from, on the other hand it is a hobby and so nice to still have a task ahead of you.

can i ask what country you are in? looks familiar to me.

Thanks mrgray. I live in Singapore. During the weekends the streets are flooded with road bikes and I have to say some of the builds you see are just insane.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:00 pm 

Dogmatic13 wrote:

That's a very nice picture of a very nice bike :thumbup:

Cannondale F600 tuned (9kg)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:13 pm 

+1