Let's see your Giants

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Perfition

by Perfition

Is there any performance difference from the 2009 to the "new" 2010?
Speed isn't going to kill you. Suddenly becoming stationairy, that is what's gonna get ya'!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rick222

by rick222

Perfition wrote:VERY nice :D - In my opinion the 2009 Giant TCR Advanced SL is one of the best looking frames out there. I don't like the new 2010 in matte black...

The 2010 isn't in Matte Black..... I believe if you purchase the frame alone it comes in Matte black, someone correct me if I'm wrong

Here's my 2010 Advanced SL

Perfition

by Perfition

I am talking about the frameset alone ;) - Nice bike btw! :thumbup:
Speed isn't going to kill you. Suddenly becoming stationairy, that is what's gonna get ya'!

range
Shop Owner

by range

I don't believe that there are any differences between the 2009 TCR Advanced SL and the 2010 models. It's just the paintjobs that change.

I know that the TCR Advanced SL LTD is very different though. The frame is actually 200g heavier, reinforced after the input of Team Rabobank. You don't have to worry though, there are only 161 models like that in the world.
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

Perfition

by Perfition

If its the white and blue one with Di2 my LBS have one :D

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

rick222 wrote:
Perfition wrote:VERY nice :D - In my opinion the 2009 Giant TCR Advanced SL is one of the best looking frames out there. I don't like the new 2010 in matte black...

The 2010 isn't in Matte Black..... I believe if you purchase the frame alone it comes in Matte black, someone correct me if I'm wrong

Your SMP saddle is setup kinda strange. The purpose of the SMP design is to position you correctly on the saddle with it being level or slightly tilted.

Perfition

by Perfition

His saddle is designed that way :thumbup:

rick222

by rick222

strobbekoen wrote:
rick222 wrote:

Your SMP saddle is setup kinda strange. The purpose of the SMP design is to position you correctly on the saddle with it being level or slightly tilted.

That's the most comfortable saddle position for me in relation to my sit bones. The adjustments are numerous for these saddles and if I tip the nose up to high it's puts just a little pressure on my parts. I can go all day on the SMP saddle and forget I'm even sitting on something.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

If it works, it works i guess :D
SMP's are tricky to set up. You have to sit on the sweet spot. Not sure if that's why they have such long rails.
Usually you should not feel pressure unless you are moving forward too much but in your case it's very much set back.
Hence my question.

rick222

by rick222

No need to quote immediately previous post. Thanks. PP

Your right their tricky to set up. My last giant an 08 TCR Advanced was a size large and the 2010 is a M/L and to get the same seat to bar length the saddles are positioned differently. I'm 6'0 so I really can fit on a size large or M/L but the ladder feels better.

Doolop

by Doolop

"T mobes" Right before I sold it. Flexy, but one hell of a bike!

Perfition

by Perfition

The old T-Mobile Giant's from the Ulrich times are some of my favorite bikes :) - If it wasn't sold i would be happy to buy it!

Idske

by Idske

Mine:

Not completely finished yet.

Perfition

by Perfition

Looks like an angry bull :D

Joshua

by Joshua

Mine's built as well! Fork will be cut to the right length after the first few rides!

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3719/dsc00833ek.jpg

Joshua

Deleted image tags. Pic too big. Nice lookin' ride, by the way. PP

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com