Scott Cx Team bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

But how often does that occur with a well set up FD? And with an alloy frame, the worst you risk is a scratch or two.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Thanks for your comments - I think I try without the dog fang to start to see how it works. Ofcourse it has to shift really good but if something should happen and I would loose the chain it won't be a tradegy as if you race and it does in a important moment.

How do you feel about 130 bcd crankset with 46/38 chainrings vs. compact (110 bcd) crankset with 46/38 chainrings. Any difference in how it feels? I would say the compact crank with chainrings is less stiff but can you feel it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Powerful Pete wrote:But how often does that occur with a well set up FD? And with an alloy frame, the worst you risk is a scratch or two.
Very very infrequently, but when it does its ALWAYS at EXACTLY the wrong time..........

And as for the differing BCDs, unless you think you might try smaller, don't bother. Mainly as you already have a 130 BCD crank......

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

I was thinking about some lighter cranks :-) but then again - maybe I should save the money and get a frame with a decent weight :-)

Dennis

by Dennis

I couldn't ride this bike even if I wanted too :noidea: I'm in a completely other leage of sizing. I need the biggest sizes, not the smallest. Otherwise we would have a future deal :thumbup:

Dennis

by Dennis

Wait, maybe I can use it as a BMX :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist. They always make fun of my oversized bikes here at home.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

cerro wrote:I can't see why you need a dog fang when you're using a front derailleur.

Think harder... :roll:

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Dennis wrote:Wait, maybe I can use it as a BMX :wink:

HAHA good one - other wise you can fit a 1000mm seatpost and a 400mm stem so you can fit it :-D

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

APPROVED!!! Had forgot how fun a cx bike feels - did 2 hours around dirt roads and some mtb-tracks and smiled all the way (maybe because it was so freaky cool so my smile froze but it was fun).

When the new trp brake pads were braken in they went really good but they made some sounds. I noticed that the brake studs on the forks is a little long so the brake can move a little forth and back. Is this the reason why they make sounds?

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Trying the New Ultimate 32mm clincher wheelset - looks good. Hope they also rides good. Built with American Classic hubs :-P

More pictures on my blog.