2010 Pinarello Dogma - Shimano Di2 - Clavicula - Final Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fa63

by fa63

The latest iteration looks much better; enjoy the ride(s).

trgsam

by trgsam

i could use some input. i;m in the process of buying the new Dgma with pre wired Di2. here's my build:
50cm Pinarello Dogma Di2 complete bike in Black/Red
Reynolds DV46C UL front wheel
Reynolds DV46C UL Rear wheel: Power Tap SL+ hub only (black or silver), black DT Swiss Competition spoke.
Garmin 705

Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback for this build? i'm told it's a 6 month wait to actually get it, but also told it's well worht the wait. i'm currently riding the Cervel S3 with Zipp 404's and campy super record so this will be a real change.
tks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dblenn

by dblenn

Great looking bike!!!!!

trgsam

by trgsam

thanks, but will it be worth a 6 month wait??

dgasmd

by dgasmd

trgsam wrote:i could use some input. i;m in the process of buying the new Dgma with pre wired Di2. here's my build:
[color=#BF0000]50cm Pinarello Dogma Di2 complete bike in Black/Red
Reynolds DV46C UL Rear wheel: Power Tap SL+ hub only (black or silver), black DT Swiss Competition spoke.
Garmin 705
[/color]

Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback for this build? i'm told it's a 6 month wait to actually get it, but also told it's well worht the wait. i'm currently riding the Cervel S3 with Zipp 404's and campy super record so this will be a real change.
tks

Why the downgrade?

trgsam

by trgsam

you really feel that it's downgrading from the S3/Campy to the Dogma Di2? why?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I was being sarcastic. Not a downgrade but maybe more of a lateral move at best. Frame "looks nice" and Di2 has very good reviews.

trgsam

by trgsam

reading e-mails can be difficult at times. i used to ride dura-ace years ago and switched to Campy record and super record. while i love that gruop, my thumbs are starting to get tired, and switching gears on a climb is a bit tougher. a friend of mine rides the Prince/Di2 and loves it! It's going to be fun switching between the two group sets on a ride, but that's life

giant man

by giant man

range wrote:Looks amazing.

Personally, I'll be getting Super Record though for my Dogma build.

It's the only gruppo I would consider for a Dogma :wink:

trgsam

by trgsam

Enjoy! as i said, i have that groupset on both Cervelo's and really love them. however here's a thought. on my TT bike I have SRAM Red. everyone i know who has them loves them. i have SRAM Force on my cross bike. really smooth shifting.
Too many decisions these days!

marchitect

by marchitect

Obviously I think this is a great build, very similar to mine which I love.
I think in the long run, if you have your heart set on this frame and build set-up then go for it! You will be very happy you did.
As far as Di2 on a Dogma, I think it makes total sense. The components work flawlessly on the frame and for me, it really changed my riding experience.
It's so easy to shift and every shift is so precise that I find myself shifting much more often than with my traditional shifting Dura Ace.
In time I think electronic shifting will be on every high-end new bike and if you have a frame already set up for internal wires (as you are planning) you could change parts as things evolve and still keep your frame.
If you can get an opportunity to ride a bike with Di2 that's set up properly, I think you will want it for sure.
Good luck in your build, again, it looks to be great.

trgsam wrote:i could use some input. i;m in the process of buying the new Dgma with pre wired Di2. here's my build:
50cm Pinarello Dogma Di2 complete bike in Black/Red
Garmin 705

tks
Last edited by marchitect on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trgsam

by trgsam

i have two friends who ride with the Di2. one has the Willier superlegera and the other has the Prince. i had an opportunity to ride them both. the friend with the Prince also rides Lighweights, which add a whole new dimension to the experience. however I;m told that Lighweights reputation for service/warranty issues in the US is horrible. thats why i went with the Teynolds. What are your thoughts on wheelsets?
tks

rlominski

by rlominski

Beautiful!!

I have a Dogma 60.1 but with SRAM red setup (Di2 is too rich for my blood!)

I was interested in your derailler pulleys! Do you really like them? I went to the site you mentioned but they say that 10-11 teeth are standard, others by request. In your picture you have more than 11 (perhaps 15 or so?). How did you spec these out?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Rob

marchitect

by marchitect

rlominski wrote:Beautiful!!

I have a Dogma 60.1 but with SRAM red setup (Di2 is too rich for my blood!)

I was interested in your derailler pulleys! Do you really like them? I went to the site you mentioned but they say that 10-11 teeth are standard, others by request. In your picture you have more than 11 (perhaps 15 or so?). How did you spec these out?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Rob

You can send them a picture of my set up and tell them you want the same.
I spoke with the designer / owner directly and he suggested this set up.
I have over 6000 miles on them and zero issues.
Does it help or work better? I really can't tell, but it sure looks cool.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlominski

by rlominski

Thanks will do!

Rob