8.4 pound Ruegamer now 8.2 pounds

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

donald

by donald

My Rue is now 8.17 lbs. I hope to have it down to 7.9 hopefully sometime this Spring. I just wanted to respond to some who wonder how such a light bike holds up on the bad Bay area roads where I ride. First I only use my lightest front for hill climbs and on better roads, but my next lightest front wheel is only about 80 grams heavier. I try to avoid hitting bigger pot holes, etc. I also feel that I ride with a little finesse. I feel that I ride with a calm mind and relaxed body. It helps to breath deeper through one's nose, even during hard efforts. Of course this way of breathing takes time to develop, but after some time it really makes a difference. That is where the finesse comes in and my 140 lb. body go over the bumps eaiser. One needs a calm mind when your flyling down a twisty decent, on bad roads at 40 mph or so. I have said before that cycling should be fun. If one has to worry about something breaking all the time, then something is not right. I will have more updates and pictures of whats new in the near future. I wish everyone a happy new year of fun with bikes and riding.

sedluk

by sedluk

What can you tell us about the cable housing? Name, where you got it, performance?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

donald

by donald

The cable housing is the Tune plastic stuff. I use it for the brakes and rear derailleur. I got it about 6 or 7 years ago from Andy at Posh Bikes. I don't have any problems, my rear derailleur still shifts perfect, no problems with the brakes. I do have very strong springs with the brakes. Springs I made from a sheet of titanium, I forget what gauge thickness. I did spend a few hours making the springs.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

how is it going don?

kdanny1

by kdanny1

i also have tested the tune plastic, i dont know if you drive, but quality of braking and gear set up where disastrous. i also have tested the magura pathways, they was the same.
i drive with ilinks and powercordz (but not ahead by the brake) this is mmn the best combi. or the gore ul. do you have some partlist of the bike? nice weight:-)
light and lighter...

waynedude

by waynedude

x05schmolke.jpg
AWESOME BIKE :beerchug:

Now all you need is the following to finish it off :wink:
I may have Alzheimer's, but at least I dont have Alzheimers

donald

by donald

Things are going very well with my Rue. I had an update around Nov. 17th 2011. Search Update: Now 7.89 lb. Ruegamer, 3,598 grams. I have had no problems with the Tune plastic cable housing, except that I was unable to use a power cord cable for the rear brake. I also use plastic housing on another bike with no problems. I do hope I can get a new stem for my Rue sometime next month if things work out, hopefully a 26.0 clamp size, 110 length around 50 grams total weight.

konky

by konky

This is astounding. What do you think will be the final end weight. What are you ultimately aiming for.

By the way what tires are you using on your lightest wheels and how are you getting on with them on the hard roads of the San. Bay area.

You are the WW king. Superb.

donald

by donald

You can see my post about my present weight, 7.9 lbs. About the tires I use, I have had good success with Veloflex Records on the front of the various front wheels I use and on the rear for hill climbs and when I weigh the bike, normal rides I usually use Conti Supersonic on the rear and I still have some other brands that I have saved through the years, 700-23 , that range in weight from 142 grams to 153 grams. Even on these rough bay Area roads I have few punctures, and I run 80 psi front and 86 to 90 psi. rear. I also have an accurate hand guage as well as different floor pumps to know from time to time how accurate the psi is.