I just did a few rounds around the block. Just to test everything out and get my position adjusted. Apart from a few "pling" sounds from the wheels everything was smoooth!!
Can't say that I have ridden enough to know how it feels for real, but my first impressions..
- The shifting is much faster and more instant on the Force than my Ultegra, but my ultegra is pretty old.
- Front shifting is 100% smooth. I read that some have experienced problems with SRAM front derilliurs, but mine is shifting like a dream!
- Initially I find the SRAM shifters a bit akward to shift (in an ergonomical sense), compared to my old Ultegra, but I realise that it could just be a matter of habit.
Halo Mercury Wheels:
- No apparent twisting under me (62kgs), with the force I was able to push with in my walking shoes..
- Freehub is a bit louder than my old Ultegra, but not as loud as many others.
- Weight for wheels complete with Hope Ti skewers, Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX 320, bontrager tube and rimtape is
Rear: 1,25kg (incl casette 10speed force)
- They did make a few "plings" the first few times I stepped hard on the pedals, hope they stay true
Neo Exile Frame:
- It feels nice, easy handling and very responsive!
- Smoother ride than my Alu frame. And compared to it, a big step up in comfort
Well - I need a few long trips to really throw a verdict, but for now I am a happy camper.. Just need some better weather forecasts..