HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:28 am
Posts: 154
Location: 44 degrees lat north
Sorry but the bike looks confused to me. I think carbon and chrome looks poor. But just my opinion, it's your ride and your cash. enjoy

_________________
Someone stole my signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 444
Location: San Francisco, CA
Captain Fuzz wrote:
Sorry but the bike looks confused to me. I think carbon and chrome looks poor. But just my opinion, it's your ride and your cash. enjoy


To each their own...I love it and it rides like a dream.

_________________
Thing 1 & Thing 2 & Thing 3


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:04 am
Posts: 191
Location: San Francisco, CA
cmh wrote:
To each their own...I love it and it rides like a dream.


I love it too! There's a fine line between failing to throw a pile of carbon parts on one of these bikes and succeeding, and I think this is a very successful bike. I remember it being around when I first started posting, so I may have already said something to this degree before... But I ain't going back through nine pages just to find out! Anyway, my one personal suggestion (which I know was offered in the past, just glancing at the first page) would be to ask whether or not you've considered a more slender stem since putting it together? That's the one part of the proportions that seems to throw it off a bit. When your stem appears to be more robust than your head tube, it seems slightly odd. :p

Cheers!

-Gregory

_________________
My 2003 Raleigh Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 1187
Captain Fuzz wrote:
Sorry but the bike looks confused to me. I think carbon and chrome looks poor. But just my opinion, it's your ride and your cash. enjoy


cash should not be our problem, cmh can spend what he feels like. also it does not "look poor", it just looks like a strange mix of very nice parts, some modern, some traditional.

_________________
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 444
Location: San Francisco, CA
wisgliebau wrote:
cmh wrote:
To each their own...I love it and it rides like a dream.


I love it too! There's a fine line between failing to throw a pile of carbon parts on one of these bikes and succeeding, and I think this is a very successful bike. I remember it being around when I first started posting, so I may have already said something to this degree before... But I ain't going back through nine pages just to find out! Anyway, my one personal suggestion (which I know was offered in the past, just glancing at the first page) would be to ask whether or not you've considered a more slender stem since putting it together? That's the one part of the proportions that seems to throw it off a bit. When your stem appears to be more robust than your head tube, it seems slightly odd. :p

Cheers!

-Gregory


Hi Gregory - I have considered that but it's been tough to find one online. I need to hit some local bike shops but just no time. By the way, I see you're in San Francisco...I live in the city as well. You'll at least recognize my ride if you see it rolling around Potrero Hill. :)

_________________
Thing 1 & Thing 2 & Thing 3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:04 am
Posts: 191
Location: San Francisco, CA
cmh wrote:
Hi Gregory - I have considered that but it's been tough to find one online. I need to hit some local bike shops but just no time. By the way, I see you're in San Francisco...I live in the city as well. You'll at least recognize my ride if you see it rolling around Potrero Hill. :)


Cool! I'd love to see it. I'm studying at SFSU but I'm originally from the Fresno area. I'm very interested in steel bikes (my stable mainly includes bikes from the '70s and '80s, though) and would love to see how this looks up close and personal sometime! Hope I can catch you on the Hill sometime! Cheers! :D

-Gregory

_________________
My 2003 Raleigh Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 444
Location: San Francisco, CA
wisgliebau wrote:
cmh wrote:
Hi Gregory - I have considered that but it's been tough to find one online. I need to hit some local bike shops but just no time. By the way, I see you're in San Francisco...I live in the city as well. You'll at least recognize my ride if you see it rolling around Potrero Hill. :)


Cool! I'd love to see it. I'm studying at SFSU but I'm originally from the Fresno area. I'm very interested in steel bikes (my stable mainly includes bikes from the '70s and '80s, though) and would love to see how this looks up close and personal sometime! Hope I can catch you on the Hill sometime! Cheers! :D

-Gregory


You're not far from me at all...drop me a PM if you're around and want to meet up! :beerchug:

_________________
Thing 1 & Thing 2 & Thing 3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:28 am
Posts: 154
Location: 44 degrees lat north
[/quote] cash should not be our problem, cmh can spend what he feels like. also it does not "look poor", it just looks like a strange mix of very nice parts, some modern, some traditional.[/quote]

In America "it's your cash" means spend it how you want. "Poor" in this case does not mean lack of wealth, it means "strange" like you say. I love the world participation. I would like to visit Spain someday.

_________________
Someone stole my signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 444
Location: San Francisco, CA
Doesn't look strange to me at all. :welcome:

_________________
Thing 1 & Thing 2 & Thing 3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 1187
Captain Fuzz wrote:
cash should not be our problem, cmh can spend what he feels like. also it does not "look poor", it just looks like a strange mix of very nice parts, some modern, some traditional.[/quote]

In America "it's your cash" means spend it how you want. "Poor" in this case does not mean lack of wealth, it means "strange" like you say. I love the world participation. I would like to visit Spain someday.[/quote]

your right, did not read careful enough ;)

_________________
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:05 am
Posts: 81
That is the most beautiful bike I have ever laid my eyes upon.

Bravo!

I don't know if it's been suggested but Ritchey released a new series of components named "Classic" it's retro shiny silver stuff, the seatpost, bars and stem would look absolutely fantastic.

Again, bravo! :beerchug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 am
Posts: 1
Hi Charles, lovely build :)

I'm considering a Master X frame (can't afford the Ferrari F40, this will be the next best thing!). I'm really tossing up sizes (ST 49/50/51).

I run the same seat height as you, shorter reach though. My current steel roadie (which I love) is 49cm seat tube and 51cm top tube. I'm 169cm tall (short!). I know there's more to bike fitting but can I ask how tall you are out of curiosity?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 444
Location: San Francisco, CA
justinfox wrote:
Hi Charles, lovely build :)

I'm considering a Master X frame (can't afford the Ferrari F40, this will be the next best thing!). I'm really tossing up sizes (ST 49/50/51).

I run the same seat height as you, shorter reach though. My current steel roadie (which I love) is 49cm seat tube and 51cm top tube. I'm 169cm tall (short!). I know there's more to bike fitting but can I ask how tall you are out of curiosity?


I think we're the same height...

_________________
Thing 1 & Thing 2 & Thing 3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:51 am
Posts: 1725
Maybe you would consider a swap for this stem to complete the 'look'. ? :beerchug:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:53 am
Posts: 147
Location: Slovenia
i order yesterday the same one.


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:38 am 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frankie - B, Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. F/S Colnago Master PIU steel 56cm bike

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

Roobay

0

200

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:54 am

Roobay View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. building my colnago c40 saronni

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

gotgame

10

2249

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:22 am

kgt View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Master

in Road

GregSherwin

3

1037

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:43 pm

stella-azzurra View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. fork use for colnago master?

in Road

tttestarossa

6

386

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:35 pm

HillRPete View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. For sale: Colnago Master frameset

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

Hein

0

438

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Hein View the latest post


It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB