Colnago Master X-Light Saronni PR82...steel weenie? Updated.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Captain Fuzz

by Captain Fuzz

Sorry but the bike looks confused to me. I think carbon and chrome looks poor. But just my opinion, it's your ride and your cash. enjoy
Someone stole my signature...

cmh

by cmh

Captain Fuzz wrote:Sorry but the bike looks confused to me. I think carbon and chrome looks poor. But just my opinion, it's your ride and your cash. enjoy

To each their own...I love it and it rides like a dream.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wisgliebau

by wisgliebau

cmh wrote:To each their own...I love it and it rides like a dream.

I love it too! There's a fine line between failing to throw a pile of carbon parts on one of these bikes and succeeding, and I think this is a very successful bike. I remember it being around when I first started posting, so I may have already said something to this degree before... But I ain't going back through nine pages just to find out! Anyway, my one personal suggestion (which I know was offered in the past, just glancing at the first page) would be to ask whether or not you've considered a more slender stem since putting it together? That's the one part of the proportions that seems to throw it off a bit. When your stem appears to be more robust than your head tube, it seems slightly odd. :p

Cheers!

-Gregory

StefanR

by StefanR

Captain Fuzz wrote:Sorry but the bike looks confused to me. I think carbon and chrome looks poor. But just my opinion, it's your ride and your cash. enjoy

cash should not be our problem, cmh can spend what he feels like. also it does not "look poor", it just looks like a strange mix of very nice parts, some modern, some traditional.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

cmh

by cmh

wisgliebau wrote:
cmh wrote:To each their own...I love it and it rides like a dream.

I love it too! There's a fine line between failing to throw a pile of carbon parts on one of these bikes and succeeding, and I think this is a very successful bike. I remember it being around when I first started posting, so I may have already said something to this degree before... But I ain't going back through nine pages just to find out! Anyway, my one personal suggestion (which I know was offered in the past, just glancing at the first page) would be to ask whether or not you've considered a more slender stem since putting it together? That's the one part of the proportions that seems to throw it off a bit. When your stem appears to be more robust than your head tube, it seems slightly odd. :p

Cheers!

-Gregory

Hi Gregory - I have considered that but it's been tough to find one online. I need to hit some local bike shops but just no time. By the way, I see you're in San Francisco...I live in the city as well. You'll at least recognize my ride if you see it rolling around Potrero Hill. :)

wisgliebau

by wisgliebau

cmh wrote:Hi Gregory - I have considered that but it's been tough to find one online. I need to hit some local bike shops but just no time. By the way, I see you're in San Francisco...I live in the city as well. You'll at least recognize my ride if you see it rolling around Potrero Hill. :)

Cool! I'd love to see it. I'm studying at SFSU but I'm originally from the Fresno area. I'm very interested in steel bikes (my stable mainly includes bikes from the '70s and '80s, though) and would love to see how this looks up close and personal sometime! Hope I can catch you on the Hill sometime! Cheers! :D

-Gregory

cmh

by cmh

wisgliebau wrote:
cmh wrote:Hi Gregory - I have considered that but it's been tough to find one online. I need to hit some local bike shops but just no time. By the way, I see you're in San Francisco...I live in the city as well. You'll at least recognize my ride if you see it rolling around Potrero Hill. :)

Cool! I'd love to see it. I'm studying at SFSU but I'm originally from the Fresno area. I'm very interested in steel bikes (my stable mainly includes bikes from the '70s and '80s, though) and would love to see how this looks up close and personal sometime! Hope I can catch you on the Hill sometime! Cheers! :D

-Gregory

You're not far from me at all...drop me a PM if you're around and want to meet up! :beerchug:

Captain Fuzz

by Captain Fuzz

[/quote] cash should not be our problem, cmh can spend what he feels like. also it does not "look poor", it just looks like a strange mix of very nice parts, some modern, some traditional.[/quote]

In America "it's your cash" means spend it how you want. "Poor" in this case does not mean lack of wealth, it means "strange" like you say. I love the world participation. I would like to visit Spain someday.
Someone stole my signature...

cmh

by cmh

Doesn't look strange to me at all. :welcome:

StefanR

by StefanR

Captain Fuzz wrote:
cash should not be our problem, cmh can spend what he feels like. also it does not "look poor", it just looks like a strange mix of very nice parts, some modern, some traditional.[/quote]

In America "it's your cash" means spend it how you want. "Poor" in this case does not mean lack of wealth, it means "strange" like you say. I love the world participation. I would like to visit Spain someday.[/quote]

your right, did not read careful enough ;)
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

aldocg

by aldocg

That is the most beautiful bike I have ever laid my eyes upon.

Bravo!

I don't know if it's been suggested but Ritchey released a new series of components named "Classic" it's retro shiny silver stuff, the seatpost, bars and stem would look absolutely fantastic.

Again, bravo! :beerchug:

justinfox

by justinfox

Hi Charles, lovely build :)

I'm considering a Master X frame (can't afford the Ferrari F40, this will be the next best thing!). I'm really tossing up sizes (ST 49/50/51).

I run the same seat height as you, shorter reach though. My current steel roadie (which I love) is 49cm seat tube and 51cm top tube. I'm 169cm tall (short!). I know there's more to bike fitting but can I ask how tall you are out of curiosity?

cmh

by cmh

justinfox wrote:Hi Charles, lovely build :)

I'm considering a Master X frame (can't afford the Ferrari F40, this will be the next best thing!). I'm really tossing up sizes (ST 49/50/51).

I run the same seat height as you, shorter reach though. My current steel roadie (which I love) is 49cm seat tube and 51cm top tube. I'm 169cm tall (short!). I know there's more to bike fitting but can I ask how tall you are out of curiosity?

I think we're the same height...

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Maybe you would consider a swap for this stem to complete the 'look'. ? :beerchug:

anquetil

by anquetil

i order yesterday the same one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com