Colnago Master X-Light Saronni PR82...steel weenie? Updated.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

StefanR

by StefanR

the frame is great! the parts not so much, this frame needs the Titanium Campa Seat Post, also it needs a polished metal Stem and polished Campa breaks, and the Crank, even better if Cama Record the old one. then the whole will look great. this looks like a modern/traditional MIX. best Stefan

P.S. the chris king headset looks odd/ugly.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

@cmh, please, give us more pics with the Lightweights.

@StefanR .... way to go with posting ... gotta take critics also :thumbup:

cmh

by cmh

StefanR wrote:the frame is great! the parts not so much, this frame needs the Titanium Campa Seat Post, also it needs a polished metal Stem and polished Campa breaks, and the Crank, even better if Cama Record the old one. then the whole will look great. this looks like a modern/traditional MIX. best Stefan

To each their own since that's EXACTLY what I didn't want. :) :beerchug:

cmh

by cmh

majklnajt wrote:@cmh, please, give us more pics with the Lightweights.

@StefanR .... way to go with posting ... gotta take critics also :thumbup:

Will do...I'm in the middle of a move but once I get settled I'll mount them up and snag a few pix. :beerchug:

StefanR

by StefanR

cmh wrote:
StefanR wrote:the frame is great! the parts not so much, this frame needs the Titanium Campa Seat Post, also it needs a polished metal Stem and polished Campa breaks, and the Crank, even better if Cama Record the old one. then the whole will look great. this looks like a modern/traditional MIX. best Stefan

yes yes, to each their own, no problem for me that your bike looks a little too bulky... just said what is see.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

cmh

by cmh

StefanR wrote:
cmh wrote:

yes yes, to each their own, no problem for me that your bike looks a little too bulky... just said what is see.

:beerchug:

a.davis12

by a.davis12

stuff the haters!
top build, im taking delivery of my master light soon (well 10 weeks really:()
Mine will be a similar, a few different components though.
FWIW i reckon the super record in all its carbon blackness looks far better than any silver/alloy group would.

KB

by KB

Very nice indeed. A good setup. The only retro bit is the frame itself, which makes it a modern bike. It's looks better than mixing and matching old and new bits IMO.

I always have a steel bike (that's all we had in the 60's when I started) and it always has the smiley effect.

cmh

by cmh

a.davis12 wrote:stuff the haters!
top build, im taking delivery of my master light soon (well 10 weeks really:()
Mine will be a similar, a few different components though.
FWIW i reckon the super record in all its carbon blackness looks far better than any silver/alloy group would.

Thanks...I musti've looked at hundreds of Master builds before settling on this setup. I agonized over carbon vs chromed. :smartass:

cmh

by cmh

KB wrote:Very nice indeed. A good setup. The only retro bit is the frame itself, which makes it a modern bike. It's looks better than mixing and matching old and new bits IMO.

I always have a steel bike (that's all we had in the 60's when I started) and it always has the smiley effect.

Yes, I DEFINITELY didn't want to mix/match...

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

StefanR wrote:P.S. the chris king headset looks odd/ugly.

What would your alternative suggestion be?

Timo

by Timo

It still baffles me that the person who build "Thing 1" (best looking titanium bike ever) also came up with this :(
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

cmh

by cmh

Timo wrote:It still baffles me that the person who build "Thing 1" (best looking titanium bike ever) also came up with this :(

:welcome:

trig

by trig

I think you re bike is very nice, i have the same frame ordered from maestro and will hopefully have it in the new year.
Mike from maestro is going to build it for me with the '07 record from my old frame and build me some wheels,ambrosio exellence onto record hubs ,if it comes out half as nice as yours ill be a happy man! :)

cmh

by cmh

trig wrote:I think you re bike is very nice, i have the same frame ordered from maestro and will hopefully have it in the new year.
Mike from maestro is going to build it for me with the '07 record from my old frame and build me some wheels,ambrosio exellence onto record hubs ,if it comes out half as nice as yours ill be a happy man! :)

You'll love it...looking forward to seeing it with some Ambrosio's!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com