Orbea Orca gold

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Blackmarketrider

by Blackmarketrider

Im in love with my new race bike! so far only managed a very short test ride, but it rides amazingly, the comfort isn't hype either, rides silky smooth.

Frameset : Orbea orca gold (orange/black) 51cm
Wheelset : Dura-ace C50 tubular (de-stickered)
Tyres : Vittoria corsa evo
QR skewers : Dura-ace
Chainset : Dura-ace 170mm 53/39
Shifters : Dura-ace
Calipers : Dura-ace
Front mech : Dura-ace
Rear mech : Dura-ace
Handlebars : Pro vibe 7S compact
Stem : Pro puzzle 100mm
Bar tape - Pro Microfibre
Saddle : San marco aspide
Chain : Ultegra 6700
Cassette : Ultegra 6700 12-23
Gear cables : Gore fully sealed.
Brake cables : Dura-ace
Brake pads : Swissstop yellow.
Pedals : Shimano 105 (Soon to be Dura-ace when my wallet isnt so empty)

Cant even say how much i adore this bike, absolutely stunning!

gravity

by gravity

That is really nice! The Orcas always look better with Shimano, methinks. :up:

Are you from Spain? I rarely seen Orbeas from where I come from, as the price tag is really high. Most people would just go C59s of Dogmas.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Blackmarketrider

by Blackmarketrider

No im not from spain, im in the south-east of the UK, much prefer the orca to a nago, love the pinarellos but my pockets arnt deep enough. but cant deny the awesomeness of the orcas

tinchy

by tinchy

thats one nice machine :beerchug:

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Very nice indeed, by far the best colour available on the Orcas :thumbup: You forgot to list the weight :smartass:

Oh, and to amend your signature...

Copy this and amend.... [url=(insert http here)] (insert text here, ie 'My awesome Orca') [/url]
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

ruddy well love this. I can't put my finger on why but I love Orbeas

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

I like this bike, the de-badged wheels and the Orbea frame look great together. Its the perfect amount of flash. I also like the DA on their. An all round good looking bike.

Blackmarketrider

by Blackmarketrider

Thanks guys, i've got a long training ride with lots of climbing prescribed by the trainer! As soon as i get a chance ill get some scales and weight it, without disappointing anyone im expecting the build to be around 7Kg. if its sunny ill get some action shots!

Gregorio

by Gregorio

I love orbea orcas. I have 2 older ones, first and second generations. Yours looks great. I have always liked the orange.

Blackmarketrider

by Blackmarketrider

First ride report :

It rode fantastically, my ride started with a 40mph+ short descent which has notorious side wind (in this case 22mph winds/gusts) and it held itself firmly in place and handled well even through the off camber pot-hole ridden hairpin at the bottom!
After another 30 minutes of riding i had fallen in love with this bike, meeting up with a few team mates we did some 'break-away' speed through and off with a sprint for the sign at the end of the course (we were doing recon on for a coming race) Boy did it spring to life when i began stamping on those pedals! it seems so efficient, every stroke was precise and the power went where it was ment to go, to help me win each sprint for bragging rights!
When we finished the recon, we all split into groups to do some training, i went with my coach for some zone 2 and hill repeats. This bike does really well with pushing forward on the steep gradients, i was really impressed.
Only on small issue that i found with the bike, the saddle clamp, when i built the bike, i used all my torque wrenches and followed all the numbers, but it still insisted on slipping out of position, having your saddle suddenly sitting at a different angle than before isnt great. Im going to take it apart and put some more 'fibre-grip' on, in an attempt to perfect the most all round bike ive ever ridden! :D

Wingnut

by Wingnut

]
Blackmarketrider wrote:Only on small issue that i found with the bike, the saddle clamp, when i built the bike, i used all my torque wrenches and followed all the numbers, but it still insisted on slipping out of position, having your saddle suddenly sitting at a different angle than before isnt great. Im going to take it apart and put some more 'fibre-grip' on, in an attempt to perfect the most all round bike ive ever ridden! :D

I think you have the seat clamp upside down...Correct below...
Orbea.jpg

Blackmarketrider

by Blackmarketrider

Aaaah! i see my mistake :lol: ill sort that one out, thanks! :D

CBJ

by CBJ

Great looking frame, nice specs and it rides great too - congratulations.

Blackmarketrider

by Blackmarketrider

Just flipped the clamp, no issue with tonights ride, think thats sorted it :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Blackmarketrider wrote:Just flipped the clamp, no issue with tonights ride, think thats sorted it :thumbup:

Glad to help...it's a really nice bike, enjoy!