Bertoletti Custom Fire

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

owl

by owl

2016 update. Work has taken over in the past 2 years and I don't have as much time to get out on the bike. Trying to achieve a better balance in 2016 and spend more time in the saddle.

A few updates over the past year or so:

1) Camapagnolo overtorque chainset - lighter and stiffer than a square taper set up. Doesn't spin as smoothly but you can't have everything.

2) Deda 35 stem and alloy bars - doesn't quite look right due to its bulky form, but the combo is a lot stiffer out of the saddle.

Next step:

1) Reconsider bars and stem, perhaps a stiffer 31.8 set up, recommendations please quite like the zipp beyond black finish which would match the smud seatpost a bit better!
2) New wheels, fancy some carbon tubs for the summer.
Attachments
IMAG0376 (1).jpg
Owl

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

owl

by owl

Updates for the summer:

1) Campagnolo Super Record RS FD with Smud carbon clamp
2) Smud saddle and post on
3) Itm millenium 13cm stem and millenium shallow bars.

Any ideas on further changes? Perhaps Super Record RS RD and brake calipers and Lightweight wheels?
Attachments
20160804_155153 (2).jpg
Owl

mrgray

by mrgray

great looking bike i think. if you wanted to change it then yes i think the SR Upgrades are a great idea and lightweights for sure. fernwegs would look fantastic. get exactly what you want. if you don't this time then you'll just end up getting there at some point (and further cost). bora 80s look similarly great but are much cheaper. perhaps you prefer low profile wheels and i am sure ventoux/gipfelsturm would look great on this.

also the thread spanned a number of years and i cannot help but wonder, how did the weight go? 75 kg was mentioned as a desired weight, where are you on that?
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

mrgray

by mrgray

my suggestion regarding deeper wheels might sound a bit silly but i really do think a traditional bike like this with thinner tubing looks great with deeper wheels. perhaps 50 mm might be more practical if you see much wind around your way.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Getting ready for the summer of 2017 and the Alpenbrevet in Switzerland. Weight loss has gone well and will be 74kg for August. Going to treat myself to a pair of lightweight standard II. Always wanted a pair since the early 2000s. Will go for super record rs rear der and brakes. Probs keep 10sp shifters for another season or two as love the shape. Will use 10 speed cassette and 11sp chain as the front rd cage is super narrow.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Found some Bontrager XXX Lite tubulars in mint condition. They are already debadged which helps. Will try these out over the next few months to see how I get on with tubulars for training and sportives. Will then consider another set of tubulars like Corima 32mm.

Further updates to come:

1) Campagnolo Super Record RS rear Derailleur
2) Campagnolo Super Record RS brake calipers (might consider EE brakes)

I'm not sure EE brakes would suit the build, thoughts?
Attachments
20170424_194641 (1).jpg