Cannondale CAAD 8 SI + old Rush & Scalpel 100 + new Flash

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

santabarbara

by santabarbara

That's a serious no-bullshit CAAD 8. I likey.
Aluminum is the new black

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Anders

by Anders

Finally got the bike bug again after a few years nursing my other interests. Last summer I upgrades the bike with the Campy SR components and Neutron Ultra wheels. Afterwards I got new pedals, new saddle, new setpost collar and cut a 20g piece of the seatpost.
Some weeks ago I bought a CAAD7 with the SI Slice Carbon fork and exchanged the fork with the Premium on the CAAD8. That saved exactly 100g and the bike now weighs exactly 7 kg.
I tried fitting the Becker Carbon saddle from my Rush to save 120g, as I have been very happy with it on that one. Though it fits like a glove on me it just wasn't a success on the road, as it seemed to cut off more blood supply than the Arione CX does. On the mountainbike you move around all the time so it's not an issue on that one, so off again it went. Next upgrade in the mail is a Campy Record hiddenset and when I get around to it an Extralite Ultrastem OC to shave off 65g.

The CAAD7 is now going to serve as my winter/commuter bike and the paint scheme is of cause BBQ.

It looks good though it hurts

The CAAD7 near completion

Anders

by Anders

I just bought a used Scalpel Team Replica frame from 2009 to replace the Rush.
This will be my first carbon bike and I really don't like the thought of it. But I needed a frame size smaller and think I got the deal of the year on it. I'm looking taking off at least 1kg which is nice, but I'm exited to try the more racy layout of the Scalpel. I'll post some pictures when it arrives.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Anders wrote:This will be my first carbon bike

didn't you have a Giant MCM hardtail once? ;-)

http://light-bikes.com/bikegallery/Bike ... asp?id=103

Anders

by Anders

I had totally forgotten about that bike, I take my words back. That must be almost 10 years ago.

Impressive that you could remember that.

This will be my second carbon bike :-)

Anders

by Anders

The frame arrived a week ago and just finished the build after receiving a new BB30 spindle. The frame weigh 2178g including seatpost clamp. I carried over all the parts from my Rush and the weight is now 9.92kg. It's not WW light mainly due to the Lefty Terralogic (1511g), but I have a few things comming and planned to get the weight down a bit.

Using long steel pedal spindles in the winter --> short Ward Industries ti spindles -40g
Hope 180/160 floating rotor --> Ashima aiRotor 160/140 -90g
Rocket Ron/Furious Fred 2.25" --> Rocket Ron 2.1"/Furios Fred 2.0" -130g
Shimano XTR FD --> Campagnolo Super Record FD -50g

That should bring it down to 9.61kg for next season.

A set of Formula R1 brakes and a Lefty SL could shave another 500g, but let's see what happens.

Fisrt ride will be a local race this saturday.

Anders

by Anders

A few upgrades for when the weather gets better or the chainsuck gets even worse.

Anders

by Anders

I sold my Becker carbon saddle several months ago because it was simply to slim for my but. Instead I bought a SLR Fibra which fits me perfectly. I actually exchanged the saddle on all three bikes for SLRs. But the leather on the Fibra just can't cope with what a mountainbike it subjected to here in Denmark and I missed the robustness of the bare carbon on the Becker. So sold the Fibra and bought a used C64 and saved 50-60g. I just hope it's as durable as the Becker. Just need to do a little work on the finish.

Anders

by Anders

Traded my Scalpel 2009 frame for a Flash 2010 frame and transfered all parts besides the FD. It's a non-himod so the frame weighs 1250g i a size large and the complete bike is around 8.6 kg. Still waiting for a longer replacement rear brake cable, due to the stupid way this is routed on the Flash, a SRAM xx fd to replace the XT currently installed and a 132mm hollowgram spindle to replace my 131mm which as you can see is a close fit.

Did my first ride yesterday and what a difference in handling. Much more direct steering and you just need to be more aware of which lines you pick to not get into trouble. In return you get much better acceleration. I'm thinking of replacing the Teralogic with an carbon XLR as I don't feel it fits as well as it did on the Scalpel.

cerro

by cerro

You could get chainrings from FRM or Carbon-Ti if you want too. I use a 131mm spindle on my Flash with 27/42 FRM rings. Nice with the integrated spider too.

Anders

by Anders

New Lefty Ultra fork lowered to 110mm travel. Weight is around 8.5 kg