BMC TM-01

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Little bit of time trial love just arrived

I haven't gotten to ride it other than a quick mile around the block, it rained all day here in sunny ohio.

More pics and weight tomorrow
Plan right now is to build it like this:
Handlebar: Easton Attack TTs or PRO Missile's
Crank Set: Going to get a Quarq and put the aero rings on it
Chain: KMC
Wheelset: Zipp 900 disc and 404 Front
Tyres: Don't know, open to suggestions
Pedals: Look keo blade aero's
Last edited by shoopdawoop on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

:thumbup:

What does it weigh?
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Nice! 8)

Is it possible to adjust the saddle angle with the clamp?
Slam your stem.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Is that the configuration you use, or can you drop the front end? That looks like very low drop for a time trial configuration

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

@justkeepedaling-
Nope that is just how the shop set it up; I can get abit lower :thumbup:

@Juanmoretime-
I have a specialized tri-spoke and a spinergy rev-x that I can put on it for some pics if that would work!

I had to drive down to a bike store a few hours away from me last night to pick it up but after work today I will make sure to get some good quality pictures.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Looks very quick!

I second the call for some shots with its race shoes on.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Please, pleaaaase, give this bike some proper wheels and saddle!

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Very Nice :D

What size is it, S/M ?
See all my bike h e r e

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Here are some pics with my only "aero in the slightest" wheels; I'm saving up for a deep/disc combo but I'm a 19 year old factory worker so it might take a little while :(
I have a race tomorrow so I couldn't really get out and ride more than 20 or so but I already love it! The position that I have set up is very conservative for two reasons; I broke my back and both my feet when I was 14 in a free style ski competition and so I have very little flexibility. I'm also waiting till I get a power meter on it before I tweak anything extensively. Still need to get it weighed, I forgot to put it in the car this morning so that I can use the factories super scales :smartass:

Without further ramblings!

I'm new to all the proprietary time trialing gear; I rode a trek 5.2 with clip-ons in TTs before this so its kind of a whole new ball game for me! I would love any seat, bar, wheels, or general suggestions that you all might have. The list I made in my first post was really just an idea and I'm very open to changing it.

Little about me for suggestion sake:
19 years old
5'6"
135 Lbs.
FTP 290
10 months of riding and a few races so don't flame me to much if I sound like a fred :beerchug:

Thanks for looking!

Edit- Sorry forgot to say size medium Tillquist!

hansonator69

by hansonator69

The Spinergy Rev/Specialized 3 spoke wheelset on your bike looks cool! Collision of retro and modern :)
Slam your stem.

crit_racer

by crit_racer

Lovely bike. But seen as your 5'6", I can't help but think you would be better with the small frame size. Seen how versatile the BMC is and especially the stem, you could easily obtain your current position on a small and in the future if you choose to optimise your position, you would be able to get a much lower due to the shorter head tube length. Just my opinion though. Once again, lovely bike and I hope you enjoy it.

g_doraz

by g_doraz

Smoking hot bike, love it...will be great when (if) you eventually decide to buy a disc for the rear. Best of luck for the racing.
Road bike: Pinarello Dogma 60.1
TT bike: Trek Speed Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk

bikericer

by bikericer

Ain't nothin aero about that Rev-X, other wise awesome bike.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Thanks for the comments everyone! The tri-spoke and Rev-X were my dads, he raced on them back in the 90s and gave them to me. I kind of like the look of them on the BMC as well.

crit_racer wrote:Lovely bike. But seen as your 5'6", I can't help but think you would be better with the small frame size. Seen how versatile the BMC is and especially the stem, you could easily obtain your current position on a small and in the future if you choose to optimise your position, you would be able to get a much lower due to the shorter head tube length. Just my opinion though. Once again, lovely bike and I hope you enjoy it.

Your probably right; however like I said I have a very bad back from old injuries and can't get much lower. I also wanted an easy resale if I get into financial trouble.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drchull

by drchull

If you can't flex your back more to get lower than you may be better off with the larger size like you said as long as you can stretch out. You may find that a more saddle shaped saddle (as opposed to flat) or something like a Selle SMP lets you rotate your hips forward a little more and get you lower in the front that way. It is however an expensive proposition to try out as most SMP saddles are quite expensive. The tradeoff being you can't really slide around on it too much if you like to slide forward on the nose.

I love the looks of these TM01s and generally I don't like the looks of the BMC road bikes. Hope you ride the Hell out of it.