Cannondale CAAD9 BB30

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

bJay wrote:
Hi|ikus wrote:A set of Edge clinchers built to DT 240 hubs with Aerolite spokes would run me $3500 from CyclingEdge.com.au (Australian Edge Composites, Parlee and Moots importer)

Last time I spoke with Cycling edge about such a build they told me $5000 AUD :shock:

When I asked Edge Composites directly about pricing in Australia I got an angry and agressive call from Cycling Edge after 6pm on a Sunday night asking me where I got off speaking to Edge and other wheel builders directly and demanding I tell him the names of builders who gave me cheaper quotes... :roll:

:shock:

Seriously? What a wanker! :lol:

And I reckon you should be able to find those hubs a little cheaper online...?

Hi|ikus

by Hi|ikus

Yeah, I could get them cheaper from some online store, but I have a good relationship with my bike shop of choice, so when I actually have the cash (ie. sell the S60's), I'll talk to them about what they can throw together and for how much.
Shut up legs and do what I tell you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bJay

by bJay

I spend so much time (and money :lol: ) at my local bike shop that they dont mind when I bring smaller stuff in that I got over the interweb.

I always buy the big ticket (read: most expesive) things from them like frames etc. so they still get their piece of the pie :lol:

@ T - yeah I was shocked when it happened; i wasnt going to say anything here (maybe I shouldnt have :? ) - Only problem is that I will have to find somewhere different to get my next bike, a Parlee (not for a while though :lol: )
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

My lbs guys are really cool too, and don't think they'll have any issue building up a set of wheels for me.
And all shops should be like this, because not only do you keep getting stuff from them but then you tell your mates and they do the same.

I wouldn't be too concerned about popping that story up either. If their customer service is like that then it deserves to be heard! Same as Canyon and their saga's.
Surely there's other stockists for Parlee in Oz? Plus you might want something different once the time comes...

And Hi|ikus, how much you thinking about asking for the S60's...? :roll: As I'm torn between a set of Reynolds Assaults or doing a build like you're planning or even a second hand set of aero rims to pop onto my BMC.
The thing is I would like the option of possibly being able to pop em on my 595 - but that's going to have Campy 11sp on it, so I think that would rule out the S60's...

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

Hey Hi|ikus, if you don't mind me asking, how much did your CAAD9 BB30 frame cost in $AU in the end?

Hi|ikus

by Hi|ikus

Including the discount the shop gave me, $1500, which is $250 off the RRP I'm told. Cannondale don't set a RRP for this frame (in Australia at least) so the shop based it off the pricing of the Chase MTB frame, which costs the same wholesale.
Shut up legs and do what I tell you!

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Whoa, whoa, whoa now! How did I miss this bad boy!?!

That looks mean :twisted: I bet it holds speed well with those wheels.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.