Parlez vous Parlee

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

santosjep

by santosjep

Brilliantly done sugarkane! That's beautiful!

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

... a couple of changes... weight went up a tad :frightened: - but the I like the 303's so much better! And hey, at 12-something pounds, she's not a pig.

TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bukes

by Bukes

Found a new-old-stock Parlee Z3C frameset that was just my size at a shop while I was traveling at a price I couldn't refuse last year. Finally got around to building it up.

I ended up sending the frame to Parlee to have them bond on the proper mount for the Di2 battery on the non-drive chain stay, resulting in this relatively clean build. The rest of the parts are ENVE (bars, stem, seat post, and rims), and Chris King (hubs/bb/headset).

I've not got a precision scale at my house, but but my bathroom scale says it weights 15.3 pounds. I can likely shave off another 100 grams when I switch to my Rolf Elan Aeros.

fa63

by fa63

ridley86 wrote:Perfect :smartass:

+1, well done.

fa63

by fa63

mattiTWOROADS wrote:... a couple of changes... weight went up a tad :frightened: - but the I like the 303's so much better! And hey, at 12-something pounds, she's not a pig.

Any drive-side pictures with the new wheels?

jaup

by jaup

Nice bike, what are those skewers?

Bukes wrote:Found a new-old-stock Parlee Z3C frameset that was just my size at a shop while I was traveling at a price I couldn't refuse last year. Finally got around to building it up.

I ended up sending the frame to Parlee to have them bond on the proper mount for the Di2 battery on the non-drive chain stay, resulting in this relatively clean build. The rest of the parts are ENVE (bars, stem, seat post, and rims), and Chris King (hubs/bb/headset).

I've not got a precision scale at my house, but but my bathroom scale says it weights 15.3 pounds. I can likely shave off another 100 grams when I switch to my Rolf Elan Aeros.

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

fa63 wrote:
mattiTWOROADS wrote:... a couple of changes... weight went up a tad :frightened: - but the I like the 303's so much better! And hey, at 12-something pounds, she's not a pig.

Any drive-side pictures with the new wheels?

yeah yeah... I know... temp dropped and was freezing. I didn't realize it until later when uploading the photos (and having fingers finally get their feeling back). That's the funny thing about LA... you can leave for a ride in 70 degree weather and ride up into the clouds at barely 40.

I take some better pics when I have a chance.

cheers.
TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671

Bukes

by Bukes

jaup wrote:Nice bike, what are those skewers?

These are DT Swiss RWS skewers in steel - 41 gram front, 45 gram rear. They're sharp looking, and clamp tight. The Ti versions save about 10 grams total over the steel ones., but I opted for steel. I know this is weight weenies, but I've had not-so-good-luck with Ti skewers in the past...

I got them here: http://www.wheelbuilder.com/store/dt-swiss-rws-steel-road-skewer.html

phazon

by phazon

Some really stunning bikes here. So much so that I've ordered a Parlee, due in a few weeks. Here's my planned build, any comments welcome....

Parlee Z5 SL, Ghost Matte (yep another black bike)
Size small, normal headtube

SRAM Force Gruppo
3t Ergonova Team
2012 Zipp 303 FC Clinchers Beyond Black
Conti GP4000s
Selle Italia SLR Carbonio Flow
Speedplay Zero Stainless
Arundel Mandible Matt x 2

Yet to decide:-
Stem (3t ARX Team Stealth?)
Post (3t Doric Team Stealth?)
Tape?
Headset?
Gore Rideon cables?

Reckon weight will be around 6.5kg, 14.3lbs

Can't wait to ride it! Will post pics when it's built

merlin3008

by merlin3008

Here you go. Brand new build.

melbnut

by melbnut

Hi all,

Guess i should post the new ride here first.

Yes i know the stack is high. Have a stuffed neck and working on it.. hopefully be fixed soonish.

AmontourChris

by AmontourChris

Hi,

First of all, I want to explain the background for this bike and the recent change of username. I used to post as ChrisABG, after working for the American Bicycle Group for several years. Fast forwarding to now, I'm lucky enough to work for Parlee in Europe, and Lightweight/Carbonsports in the UK & Ireland.......sort of a dream job, I know.

The bike below is a Z1 custom with a new Gates CenterTrack belt drive...I've just got back from my first ride through the muddy Irish lanes just north of Dublin, and am posting the pics for you all to enjoy. It's hard to pick out ,but you can just about see the Lightweight logo in 'ghost' on the inside of the fork legs and chain stays.

Apologies for the steerer tube and spacers - i wanted to go for a spin before getting the saw out :-)
Attachments
IMG_1000.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1003.JPG

AmontourChris

by AmontourChris

I'll get some more pictures up when I figure out how to upload into the message body....

wshiong

by wshiong

wow, thats the integrated seatpost :unbelievable:
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

mgordon

by mgordon

AmontourChris wrote:I'll get some more pictures up when I figure out how to upload into the message body....

Please, sir; I want some more!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com