The Wilier club

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

I love Wilier bikes, and this can be a bit harsh in comparison to my regular Cento, but the lower headset is made that way for a purpose - it does what it says on the can - but is a great ride on hills.
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

and this one is now finished the build. Used some spare Easton EC90's, a full super record groupset and a Deda Quatro and FSA/Willier branded stem and bar combo.

always wanted one of these frames and was lucky enough to pick up the frame and forks new for £1001

I love the look

and yes it is white bar tape, but it will be going to the gulf states later this week, so white is an advantage
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WasFab

by WasFab

Much beautiful set up and bike.

kgt

by kgt

Isn't that frame too big for you?

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

kgt wrote:Isn't that frame too big for you?

you wish !

portlandmatt

by portlandmatt

Here's my current ride. 2010 Imperiale. Size XL with Dura Ace, running Racing Zero's (tubeless). Amazing ride, I'm a clyde (6"3, 220). It climbs as well as I can, is super comfortable and plenty stiff when I lay down on the gas. Now for the exciting news, I always had my eye on the Cento Uno and have ridden them before and loved it equally (perhaps more so). So I have sitting in its box in my garage, a new 2012 Cento Uno frame set that I'm going to build-up. Before I do that, I'll weight the frame (I'm not a weenie but I'm still curious about advertised weight and actual weight and I'm sure you all are too). I'm happy to post whatever information this group would like - individual fork weight, frame weight, pics, and will do so during the process. Let me know if there's anything outside of what I mentioned that you're all interested in.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_eC7Eks6HzA/UBP35YmL50I/AAAAAAAAA00/QU_ns1ztNOs/s1600/photo7.JPG

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Nice Imperiale - i toyed with the idea of a black one... as for the Cento - pictures with a super record group set would be nice :0

kgt

by kgt

Any feed back on the Imperiale. How is it one the road in comparison to Cento1 ?

portlandmatt

by portlandmatt

Ahhh, Super Record. That would be nice. I'll be sticking with Dura Ace since that's another expensive upgrade and would require not just the gruppo but also the wheelset. Starts to get really expensive but I like the connection that Campy provides with their shifting system vs. Dura Ace.

As for the comparison between the Imperiale and the Cento Uno in riding qualities, I can't give that report yet. The Cento frame is still sitting in my garage in a box. I think the best review of ride quality will come after building it up and getting some miles on it - compare the Imperiale after 10,000 miles over 2 years and then the Cento Uno after even 500 miles. I think the differences will be apparent.

I will certainly report back.

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

kgt wrote:Any feed back on the Imperiale. How is it one the road in comparison to Cento1 ?

KGT - seems there are two here who can have a view on that, my standard Cento Uno is about 8,000 kms old now, and the Imperiale much newer, but is a replacement for a felt AR4. The Imperiale is undoubtedly a faster straight line bike, it feels to slip through the air better and with the aero wheels you can wind it up and hold the pace on the flat and small undulations it handles better than the Felt, but maybe loses a little stiffness.

In comparison, the cento is a better all-rounder, certainly a better climber, and sharper to accelerate, but is also more comfortable. It also has different geometries - so to me it feels to have a longer top tube for the same frame size, and sharper handling. Love both though.

50-60k flatish and targeting a high average speed - the the Imperiale
anything longer, or hilly, or is a group - it would be the Cento

dbecks7

by dbecks7

Just picked this up from my bike shop yesterday.

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

You will love it - get some rides in and then get a saw out to that steerer tube though.

irishdave

by irishdave

My baby was stolen from my office - lets just say I'm still not over it 2months later...

http://twitter.com/davecasey1/status/213666654448660481/photo/1
'Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me.'
Tim Krabbe.

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

OMG I have just found a pair of Lake CX401 shoes - all fully Wilier'd up

I want , I want , I want

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Manager at my LBS went to the Wilier event in Italy a few weeks ago and got a pair. Pretty damn sharp.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com