The Wilier club

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Doyler

by Doyler

kgt wrote:
Fluoro7 wrote:I acquired a new Wilier Zero 7 frame in Fluoro size XL over the holidays and swapped everything over from my old Cervelo R3.

After your first rides we need a comparative review between R3 and Zero7 please!

I have both. R3 winning for me so far.

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

kgt wrote:After your first rides we need a comparative review between R3 and Zero7 please!

Hi kgt! Love your bikes.

I will post a review soon. In the meantime, here are pics of my ride (need to get a new saddle...)

Wilier Zero7 (1st gen) Fluoro
RIP Cervelo R3 2012 White on Black

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

Doyler wrote:I have both. R3 winning for me so far.

@Doyler - I was following your thread awhile ago with the problems you've had, sorry to hear about that. I have not ridden (nor seen in the flesh) the new generation Zero7 as you have so no idea about what the new model goes like. But my (first generation) Zero7 is undoubtedly the better bike (for me). Honestly, it doesn't even seem close. Having said that, I don't race so maybe i'm not pushing the limits like you are (I just like to have fun :mrgreen: ). What generation R3 do you have? I had a 2012.

One thing that I wonder about is in some photos of the 1st gen on the web the fork sometimes looks steep and in other pics it looks like a normal angle (like mine), and I wonder if this is just a trick of the lighting or if assembling the fork is a bit tricky with this bike and maybe some people just haven't put it together right? Probably just nonsense rambling on my part... 8)

Doyler

by Doyler

My R3 is this...

I think it is a 2010 model. Warranty replacement (so many many Cervelo owners been down that road) for the original which I got in 2008. Rode it today :) Still love it.

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

I know this is WW and the Cento 1 Air isn't exactly the lightest, but who's got one here and any feedback? I already have a C60 being built up, but for some reason I keep on looking at Cento1 Air pics :shock:

My rides are mostly club rides on flat terrain. There's a 10k stretch on the route where we put the hammer down and I love that part the most :thumbup:

Currently on a Dogma2 and keen to hear what you guys think. Thanks!

Doyler

by Doyler

Took her out for a spin today. Starting to really like it. Still feels very light at the front but getting used to it.
6.36kg without barfly and garmin.

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Feel like I should add mine to the party...

Really loving it so far. Great ride quality, and the brakes have amazing modulation. 6.85kg.

More photos in the thread here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=131107

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

Doyler, what's changed in your opinion? And what wheels are those with the subtle red accents, matches the subtle red of your Zero.7 nicely.

Loving that black and white SR dwaharvey! :)

Doyler

by Doyler

I think it's just been a matter of putting in the miles on the bike and getting used to it. It still feels totally different from all my other road bikes (Cento Uno 2012, R3 from 08 and 10, Spesh Allez from 06). From the very first second I threw my leg over it, I could feel how different the front end was. I just didn't have confidence in it. I had it up the hills yesterday and it goes up well. I descended normally but the descents were non-technical. I'm no elite bike handler but I know what I am doing and I have enough experience. I'd be cautious although not overly so. When I first got the bike in October last, I hadn't been out much (family circumstances put an abrupt stop to it). I did get out on it in December and fell off going around an off-camber greasy bend and broke my wrist. Not badly thankfully. I'd taken that corner a million times before with no problem.

It bothered me immensely that I did not instantly love the bike but in the back of my mind I felt that I just needed to get time on it. I won't say that I am in love with it but it might happen.

Oh the wheels, R-Sys with the decals removed.

Doyler

by Doyler

Sub 6kg is the goal. Tubs would probably do that in one go but my good wheels are on the CX bike in the background.

Doyler

by Doyler

Edging closer. New saddle, expander and top cap and screw.
Not sure I'll ever get there. It will probably prove too expensive. Although it's not exactly been cheap to get this far.

Everyone

by Everyone

Could you swap cables + housing out for something lighter? Ti bolts?

Neither of those should be too expensive.

danbjpa

by danbjpa

^ this
- mini i-link (shifters) and aican bungarus (brakes) housing
- Carbonice Eva seatclamp (claimed 4.5g and height 13mm)
Or Smud carbon seatclamp (more cheap and various height options - i bought a 12mm splitted model)
- 50g conti supersonic tubes
- fibre-lyte mechplate

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doyler

by Doyler

Cables, yeah I could go for that. I think I'll wait till I actually need them though as the current Campag ones are only recently installed.

Smud clamp... I won't buy again. I have Smud bottle cages, and they are fine but the hassle trying to get him to send the stuff was annoying.

I was contemplating one of these clamps in black...
http://r2-bike.com/YUNIPER-Seatpost-Cla ... -300-mm-6g
But that Carbonice one looks nicer.

Already have light tubes :)

Maybe Tune U20 skewers, but they are pricey.

Plenty of options I suppose... chainrings, lighter chaincatcher.
Whatever I take off this bike will go on another frame anyway so it's mostly not wasted.