The Wilier club

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

All these Centos are lovely things, but took mine home last month and brought out the newly built Imperiale. You can still buy new frames even though its not a current model in 2012 - and I can highly recommend it. Oh my, it is one fast, slippery bike. I have taken new PB/KOM times on 6 of my 9 Strava segments since unpacking it here. It is 2-3% faster than the Cento.

I picked up my frame for £1001 - what a bargain that was, it is a delightful ride...
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irishdave

by irishdave

I previously posted regarding my cento uno being stolen before the summer... The nightmare has ended as the police (Garda Siochana as we call them as gaeilge) in Dublin have done a great job & recovered it!!

1problem is it has been re-sprayed an absolutely vile colour...

I'm looking at doing a custom paint job on it ... Thinking matt black with maybe black decals and / or some white in their also... Possibly on the inner rear triangle and inner fork.. Just ideas!!

Has anyone done this before and / or know of any nice ideas I could spray it..,

Your thoughts are welcome.

Ps I won't post a pic of it here as it is now post thief spraying as it is offensive to all of us who know & love our Cento Uno... ;-)
The original:

http://twitter.com/davecasey1/status/26 ... 95/photo/1

Thanks

Dave
'Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me.'
Tim Krabbe.

Doyler

by Doyler

Great to see you got it back, Dave!

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

why dont you spray it in lampre colours - that would be original
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Wilier Recall due to potential problems with the fork

Got a Wilier Izoard XP from the last model year? You'll need to run by your local authorised dealer then. The Italian company have identified that some of the forks fitted to Izoard XP model bikes shipped from Wilier's factory between October 1, 2011 and October 19, 2012 are potentially defective.

As a result they are requesting that anyone owning a Wilier Izoard XP model purchased within the above period should discontinue using the bike with immediate effect and arrange that the bike be returned to their Authorised Wilier Dealer for a visual inspection of the steerer tube, in order to determine whether it falls within the potentially affected numbers and needs replacing. To find out where your nearest dealer is, head over to the dealer locator on the Wilier UK website. If your fork is found to be defective, you will be able to replace it through your dealer

Doyler

by Doyler

Lampre will be on Merida next year, so you will be kinda retro at least.

irishdave

by irishdave

So update on Cento strip & spray:

I've stripped all the parts off and have started to take small pieces of paint off where they're already lifting.... It looks as though the thief may have stripped A LOT of original paint off.

At BB there is no sign of the original paint, gloss etc & appears to be carbon showing!!

Don't know if this is s good or bad thing...

Spin & Doyler : Lampre spray job will be expensive given all the intracacies and changes of colour!!
Rough quote of 200yoyo for matt black!

Build / parts : I enjoyed the SRAM groupset so much I think I'll go with it again plus possible some ksyrium SLRs!!!

Decisions decisions re: paint now!!
'Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me.'
Tim Krabbe.

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Irish Dave:

please not SRAM - cycling bargains and Merlin have good deals on super record right now !

and colour scheme - having the carbon showing should be fine unless they have dug into the fibres - so how about a colourscheme like the Lampre team superleggera?

will PM pictures

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Hey now, nothing wrong with going away from the norm a bit!

chrisbalde

by chrisbalde

Just built up my new Wilier Gran Turismo 2013.

SRAM Red with FSA Plasma. Utlised the California Cross method to reduce housing in front
of the headset and alleviate the obtuse angles. Also avoiding paint degredation on either side of the head tube. The shifting as a result is suprisingly sharp.

Inaugural ride yesterday and it was so smooth.

Happy days
Attachments
Wiler.jpg

jpaschal01

by jpaschal01

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353686750.685227.jpg
My Gran Turismo with Enve 45's/White Industries T11 hubs. Everything else is stock.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Here is my Cento1 SR w/ training wheels.

2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

jmilliron - not my graphics, or colour choice for a Cento, but undeniably a great frame, and great cycling country - I envy your rides in that terrain.

and nice to see some new Wiliers coming through on the forum too. Cant wait for the pro season to start now Wilier have one of the worlds best climbing teams on their bikes.

Nelus

by Nelus

Build up for a friend of mine. Don't know the weight yet.
Willier izoard xp xxl
Sram red groupset 2012
FFwd f4r
3T Palladio seatpost
3T team stem 120 mm
3T ergonova 42 cm
Lizard skins 3.2
Vittoria rubhino
Sella Italia slr
Ritchey headset

The saddle points down but that's how it should be according to the bike fitting measurements.
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

never had a bike fit yet that says a saddle should point down like that - why?, and it looks a big frame, with a lot of spacers