The Wilier club

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Wcl4

by Wcl4

I had a cento 1 back in the day, then sold it and bought a cento 1 superleggera. Those two bikes to me were pretty different. The cento 1 was the impetus that is my bike craze today. Silly smooth, good (not amazing) handling, predictable. The sl was a lot livelier and harsher in my opinion. Although the geometry was the same, it really felt like a different ride.

The zero I bought as an experiment with lightweight parts. Epic fail! Although the frame was strong enough to support my growing waistline, the lightweight parts were not. That said, by the end the build was gen II ventoux, ax lightness seatpost, extralite stem, mcfk bar, and campy ti group. 12lbs or so. Not sure if it was because of the lightweight parts or the geometry, but I felt the bike was twitchy in its handling. It really required attention, much more so than my other superbikes (6 other bikes). The ride quality was nice, a muted very even feeling ride. Close to the cento1 with a slightly snappier feel. Also, I broke an AX lightness Morpheus crankset, the Orion brakes I had on it were squishy, I never got the powercordz to work right, and the ventoux would flex when sprinting. So though the ride was nice, all the other factors weighed heavily on my decision to sell it. Yes I could have swapped out parts and all that. But unfortunately, I'm a design snob, and decided at the end of the day that I didn't like the curved fork, the external cable routing and most of all the 386 graphics. I didnt love the 31.6 post, but could live with that. Then why did I buy it you may ask? Remember, the start of the project was around lightweight. I already liked wilier from the cento, and the 750g was appealing. But, of course I got the fattest one which was 808g and a 330g fork after being cut.

Furthermore, Berk was selling a Cento SR for a nice price at the time so I bought it. After building that, it provided 80 percent of the feel of the zero, felt more solid and stable, and I preferred the graphics. It rides somewhere between the cento 1 and sl. Not as plush as the cento 1 but not nearly as harsh as the sl. And to boot it tracks and handles better, has ISP, a straight fork and interesting graphics. It's a winner in my book.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

I have joined the Tub Club, 50mm Planet X's, Stretching the Conti's hence no cassette yet and wrong length valve extenders! Well pleased with how they look , 1455g for the wheels before the anchor conti's were on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wederkinck

by Wederkinck

Nice one. That Gran Turismo frame really looks fast!

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

the latest addition to the stable :
Attachments
small.jpg
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

vlastrada

by vlastrada

Lovely, but deserves better pics! :)

jmilliron

by jmilliron

First Air I've seen on here. Better photos please!

Here is my SR again. With Hed Belgium Plus rims and the graphics sanded off the FSA BB386 cranks.

Untitled by jason5milliron, on Flickr
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

CLEAR

by CLEAR

looks sweet all black crank... any pics with aero wheels?

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

vlastrada wrote:Lovely, but deserves better pics! :)

will do - give me a few days and will decide to put either the Eastons or Boras onit
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

try this Image

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Nice ... Bet will look even nicer with bora...

jmilliron

by jmilliron

CLEAR wrote:looks sweet all black crank... any pics with aero wheels?

Thanks. Not yet. Need to re-glue my tubulars.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Brian1

by Brian1

Hi Di Luca

That is a thing of great beauty! Is it a special order as I haven't seen one with white Wilier decals before?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

@jmilliron: have to say that from the Willier's shown here ,I like your color scheme best .Even better with the all black cranks.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD