Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

:shock:

CHANGE THE WHEELS!

:-)

Besides that: The C59 looks nice even in bigger sizes. Good choice.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Guys,
I get a very little bit the impression you are not very big fans of ZIPP's....

Can somebody explain why and would also like to learn on alternatives...
Pascal

2012 Colnago C59 MTBK Camapgnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 and Campi SR11
2014 Merida Big 99 CF team fully
2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)
2016 Trek Mad-One Limited Team Edition

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

rodebaron51 wrote:Guys,
I get a very little bit the impression you are not very big fans of ZIPP's....

Can somebody explain why and would also like to learn on alternatives...

It's not so much about the Zipp wheels as a product, it's just that those wheels are just so "wrong" on this build. They would be much better suited to a tri bike or something. But even then, Zipps and colnagos just dont go together, and this is a purely subjective thing on my part. Others will disagree for sure. And they can, I'm not going to argue over personal preferences.

Your overall setup is not really doing it for me either. At 194cm tall I think you said you were, I would think a 56 traditional colnago is simply too small for you, but I have not seen you on the bike so I have no idea what your proportions are. And everyone has their own theories on what frame size works best for them. I just hope you knew enough about what size you really wanted when you ordered the bike.

Lots of folks like Lightweights on everything. If it's a Campy build, I think Boras are the ultimate wheel. In fact, I'd choose Boras over Lightweights but I'm probably in the minority here. You wouldn't go wrong with a set of Fulcrum Racing Zeros (dark label. Really quite a bullet proof wheels and would probably match the bike quite well. But stick to no deeper than around a 50mm profile. Or maybe the Enve wheels with their 6:7 combo, but that's the absolute max profile I would consider on this frame. Still, on an all round stage racer I prefer matching profiles front and back. Just looks better imo.

I thnk the matte black C59 as you've got is simply one of the nicest frames ever made by Colnago. Something about that finish I just never tire of looking at close up and the feel is like satin.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Hi Calnago,

thx 4 reply.

I am indeed 1.94m.
It is an 62cm traditional frame.
Actually I was measured up fully and the bike perfectly fits me in all directions as it is now... in theory I needed a 62.2cm frame ;-)

Lightweigths / Bora's are indeed very nice... will think over it... just another investment pffff
But I do get your point on the pure looks... on the other hand, the performance of the ZIPP's & sound ;-) is very nice...

About the feel; all day rain over here so had to try my luck on the tacx with the frame for now :-(
Pascal

2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Whew! I must have been skimming when I read the 56 size somewhere. Must have been referring to a different frame. 62 is much better. In fact, I initially thought how could someone who is 194cm possibly have a good fit on a 56. I'm happier now that I know you're not on a 56. Beautiful bike. Enjoy. Oh, when I mentioned the "feel" I was actually referring to the physical feel of the frame itself, as in touching it, like satin. The ride of course, is pure Colnago. Stable, precise and true.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

It's a touchy feely kinda frame. Like bike moleskin.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

CrazyErrol wrote:It's a touchy feely kinda frame. Like bike moleskin.

Exactly, and if you put a clear coat over moleskin then you'd have just another, uh... I have no idea what you'd have. But it wouldn't feel special when you touch it. I must go now, I remember I have some moleskin socks that I got for Christmas one year, and tis the season after all. Next best thing to touching my bike :)

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

The touch of the MTBK is indeed special :lol:

After a tacx ride yesterday I found a dry period and went for my first C59 ride ever....

WOW, not comparible to my old bike (Red Bull X lite carbon with the Zipp's and Dura Ace)...

Much stiffer, yet smoother & more comfortable at same time
Races around corners like hot knife in butter
Feels like no single watt is lost in the frame, even when you stand on the pedals

What a difference a frame makes...
And of course my first campi experience :P

Was worth every single Euro!
Pascal

Zorros

by Zorros

The best post ever!!!!

Zorros

by Zorros

mave wrote:mine 2010 update

What stem and handlebar is it?

davidrichardson

by davidrichardson

I run my c59 with Zipps. I did however remove all decals and it looks mint. Totally agree with what folk say about the decals looking rank on Colnago's...

Anyone on here own a prestige cross frame?
Tester for PMR@cing / www.Biketart.com

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Hi David,

Can you make me a pic?
Good to see results before I take off the decals.... if....
Pascal

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

world cup pre production model, one off color

campy record 11 front/rear derailer,brifters, cassette and chain
fsa slk light crank arms with 11 speed chainrings
fsa os150 bar and stem
colnago seatpost/fizik saddle kium rails
tcp brakes/swiss stop cross pads
mavic kry's sl (pictured with conti 4 season 700x28mm tires)
weight 8.1 kg or just under 18lbs

a.davis12

by a.davis12

the man cave...

colnago corner......

(the master on the floor is dead, it got car doored, but is still good for wall art/man cave decoration)

elviento

by elviento

but where are the bikes?

//jst kd
Nice rig. :thumbup:
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com