by micro553

OMG - Nice.

U are one lucky guy!

It´s gooing to be so nice.

Keep the Pictures coming :)

kgt

by kgt

Yes, it looks so classy!
Colnago should definitely consider a custom paintjob program or at least the option of a 'heritage' paintjob collection.

TomColnago

by TomColnago

Calnago wrote:Ok... Just to prove it really a exists, crappy iPhone pic posted via tapatalk... Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thing is beautiful!! And 59 traditional you say? Want to swap for my 59 traditional :lol:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

kgt wrote:Yes, it looks so classy!
Colnago should definitely consider a custom paintjob program or at least the option of a 'heritage' paintjob collection.

They probably know that then much less modern colored frames would be sold :mrgreen:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

A frame sold is a frame sold. I agree that a "heritage" collection would be nice in their lineup. Simply because as a frame brand, Colnago probably has more "heritage" than any other brand out there, and its founder is still alive, involved and kicking (albeit probably not very high these days at 84 years old). Designs of the Mapei, Rabobank, or Saronni eras to name just a few are almost iconic in cycling lore. Not many brands can lay claim to such a rich heritage. I think they're struggling a bit to find their place in todays era of mass production and outsourcing, with a lot of "me too" bikes and changes for change sake happening. Not sure what the future holds, but one thing is for sure... they have some timeless looking frames that were good many many years ago, and still sought after today, much like I think their current C-Series of bikes will be for years to come.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Look565w

by Look565w

Hi Calnago, it's great to see it at long last, for a while I thought it was just a myth :mrgreen: now it's been busted!

It's a winner for sure, now for that easy part of building it up!

So, so true in what you said about Ernesto's approach in his bike designs, long it may continue .........

I was told that they would most likely move all (remaining) manufacturing away from Italy once Ernesto retires (or no longer involve in the business) that would be a real shame & I just hope that is not true :(

Anyway, please don't keep us wait any longer ........... speedy recovery by the way

Cheers

ronderman

by ronderman

Ohhhhh . . . . Sweet PR99. That was my first nago - I had it in EPS but ordered the wrong size. Sold it and got a C59 in the right size but couldn't find that color.

It is totally classy and totally timeless. Can't wait to see the build and eager to see how the 59cm stacks against your 61cm.

thp

by thp

Calnago - Any different plans for the kit and finishing? The C60 is a bit different character than the 59 and EPQ so wondering if you'd change things up.

pdiomidis

by pdiomidis

Hello, can i ask you if colnago v1-r got enought space on rear chainstays for tyre 24mm to prevent rubbing?

Thanks in advance

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@ronderman: wasn't yours an EPQ? While the colors were the same, the graphics were quite a bit different than the EPS. Had a lot of big EPQ's on it and the subtle chevrons on the forks and stays were replaced by graphics similar to the C59 PR99. That's why I called my EPQ a "special" version. Nowhere in the frame does it say EPQ and there isn't a marketing blurb (Q-stays) to be found on it.
@thp: The C60 will have a very similar finishing kit as my other bikes with a couple twists I suppose. What do you mean about the C60 having a bit different character? Basically the geometry is the same as the C59 but this is just a slightly smaller size. I'll have to see when I make the final adjustments if the different length (9mm) will warrant any fine tuning of fit or not.

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

pdiomidis wrote:Hello, can i ask you if colnago v1-r got enought space on rear chainstays for tyre 24mm to prevent rubbing?

Thanks in advance

Yes it does. A friend has just built one up and he uses 25mm Continental GP4000s (which come up large) with no clearance problems.

pdiomidis

by pdiomidis

Mockenrue wrote:
pdiomidis wrote:Hello, can i ask you if colnago v1-r got enought space on rear chainstays for tyre 24mm to prevent rubbing?

Thanks in advance

Yes it does. A friend has just built one up and he uses 25mm Continental GP4000s (which come up large) with no clearance problems.

ok thanks alot, i am planning to buy that frameset soon.

thp

by thp

@calnago - the more racy feel, so would you run a lower stem because of stack, change bar shapes, EPS vs. mechanical, etc. and wheels, which wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ah, the more "racy" feel. Well, I haven't actually ridden one yet. I wasn't aware it had a more racy feel :). I suspect it might feel slightly different just because of the different tubes etc but I'd expect the handling to be pretty much the same as my other Colnagos with the exception of it being a slightly smaller frame (maybe that's what you're referring to). I will let you know. Should start a build thread soon.