Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

eurperg

by eurperg

Willy, that's a gorgeous build and definitely the best looking PR99 C59 I have seen!

Is the stem a 3T Arx Team with stripe removed? Ergosum bars? Thinking about trying out 3T stuff for my build too...

mbdub80

by mbdub80

here is mine. nothing too fancy at all and still saving money for a new wheel set.
so far, i only have slr flow saddle, 3t arx pro 110 + ergonova handlebar. stem is all the way down on to the 5mm cap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

willy

by willy

ultyguy wrote:Willy- so f-ing hot, my fav. Pr99 epq? On iPhone, couldn't see close up. Size?

Ultguy, its a 56 c59.

Antti, thanks...bad time to take pictures, too much light/contrast. its a 3t stem without stripe, easily removed with nail polish remover,...ergonova handlebar, a little bit smaller than the deda zero100 bend, fits me better, and the 6 degree bend allows me to slam the stem...handlebar too low/hoods too high on photo, will post a nicer shot after i sort those little details out.

michel2

by michel2

Gotta love the campagnolo seatpost, i bought one for my ep but when it arrived i found out it is way to short for me to use );

irongatsby

by irongatsby

willy wrote:Image

amazing....so, what brake calipers are those willy?

Getter

by Getter

mbdub80 wrote:here is mine. nothing too fancy at all and still saving money for a new wheel set.
so far, i only have slr flow saddle, 3t arx pro 110 + ergonova handlebar. stem is all the way down on to the 5mm cap.

You need some poon on the bike. :beerchug:

cerro

by cerro

Willy: That is how a bike should look like. Always said that people should have white bar tape but your bike proves that black is okey sometimes. PR99 have to be the best paintjob by Colnago and looks nice with those TRP brakes

Colonia

by Colonia

willy wrote:
ultyguy wrote:Willy- so f-ing hot, my fav. Pr99 epq? On iPhone, couldn't see close up. Size?

Ultguy, its a 56 c59.

Antti, thanks...bad time to take pictures, too much light/contrast. its a 3t stem without stripe, easily removed with nail polish remover,...ergonova handlebar, a little bit smaller than the deda zero100 bend, fits me better, and the 6 degree bend allows me to slam the stem...handlebar too low/hoods too high on photo, will post a nicer shot after i sort those little details out.

Fit looks off to me, unless it's just ridden around the block. Way too much post for a traditional frame.

liam7020

by liam7020

Colonia wrote:
willy wrote:

Ultguy, its a 56 c59.

Fit looks off to me, unless it's just ridden around the block. Way too much post for a traditional frame.

Nonsense, the fit looks perfect. Nice bike Willy!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

PSM

by PSM

How can someone judge if fit is good by looking at a picture ? :noidea:

torinb

by torinb

Here are mine. I am considering converting the M10 to Record EPS, but I am a bit uncomfortable drilling holes in the frame...

willy

by willy

Fit looks off to me, unless it's just ridden around the block. Way too much post for a traditional frame.[/quote]

that bike probably gets more kms than most here, and not just around the block :-) retuled fit by the finest, think i have owned at least 8 size 56 traditional colnagos over the last 10 yrs (most have photos here in this thread) but wouldnt even go into that discussion here. but here is a sloping one which might suit u even more, 52 slope, same ht, same tt!

c59 by willy gil, on Flickr

Brakes on pr99 one are trp 970 sl

PSM

by PSM

Oh! Not another unrideable bike!!
:lol: :thumbup:

Colonia

by Colonia

PSM wrote:How can someone judge if fit is good by looking at a picture ? :noidea:

The some 22 cm of seat and post sticking out are a small tip-off. :lol:

willy

by willy

Colonia...Dont want to start a web forum war like many people like to, and i appreciate your feedback, some people like to ride bikes, others like to fit bikes, to each his own, but you got to get your facts right dude! Seatpost plus saddle extension in that bike (the trad geo one) is 18.5 cms, not 22. furthermore, and in reference to majklnajt's trad geo 57 c50's seat post extension, you posted, and i quote:

Colonia wrote:
Eh, no. It is low for the frame. That saddle height is near correct for a 70s-80s-era frame, before the advent of STI/Ergo shifting. Riders began sizing down about 2-3 cm after that, in order to maintain a decent saddle-to-bar drop. Generally, I don't think you should go lower than about 18-19 cm of combined saddle and post on a modern bike. With the current setup, there is almost no drop.

go figure,too short, bad for Colonia, too long, bad for Colonia, and 18.5, right in the middle of Colonia's rule, bad still. puff, guess u where just bored at work, or that any colnago other than ur extreme c, just doesnt look nice :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com