Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

fletch62

by fletch62

I bought the EPS off a Stalkbook group for $1400. Impulse buy, but i've always wanted one and never got around to building the steel '90's Colnago Elegant frame i have. Record 11 and A23/Record combo i had from previous builds. Also have Farsport 25mm CX rims in 50/60 combo to go with Token gold hubs. Bars to be Zipp CSL with red tape and if i like the regal there is a black and green version for sale locally. This bike is going to have colour! Thomson stem is 120 if i can make it fit. Seatpost to be replaced at some point, looking into cheap carbon options or a Thomson if the new setback post looks ok.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

As per what I said to Rich, hit me up when you're going to sell it ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hansgaard

by Hansgaard

Hi Forum...

First of all - Thanks for all the great pictures of your Colnagos. Been look through the board for hours!

This is my first post. I have just "finished" building up my C40.

Specs:

Frame: Colnago C40 size 58 (I think) 1st or 2nd generation frame...
Fork: Colnago Street 1"
Headset: Chris King 1" Black
Groupset: Campagnolo Record 10-speed
Wheels: Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40C
Stem: Thomson 130mm / -17
Collar: Thomson
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Stainless Blue
Handlebar: Deda Campione 42cm
Seat: Selle Italia Flite TT
Bottleholders: Elite Ciussi Inox x2

Will post picture when I find out how...

Hope you like it :-)

dogg

by dogg

that is fantastic. pulls off the thompson kit very well

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice build, except for the "bent" Thomson seatpost. I'd swap that thing for a traditional setback seatpost at the first opportunity.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

majorbanjo

by majorbanjo

I have a master that i built several years ago……..just got back stateside to ride…

colnago master x light (PR99)

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Majorbanjo - must admit I've scanned about 20 pages of this topic and not found an appealing bike (due to my tastes struggling with Colnago's madwoman's breakfast paint schemes) - until now - your Master is beautiful - well done!
Perfection would be a quill stem or polished alloy ahead stem - but that is my taste and minor in the scheme of things. Is that a Ritchey or Deda seatpost? - matches the bike really nicely. What wheels are you running?
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

kgt

by kgt

Lovely C40!
although this bent Thomson seatpost is not my cup of tea...

majorbanjo

by majorbanjo

dadoflam08 wrote:Majorbanjo - must admit I've scanned about 20 pages of this topic and not found an appealing bike (due to my tastes struggling with Colnago's madwoman's breakfast paint schemes) - until now - your Master is beautiful - well done!
Perfection would be a quill stem or polished alloy ahead stem - but that is my taste and minor in the scheme of things. Is that a Ritchey or Deda seatpost? - matches the bike really nicely. What wheels are you running?

Thanks for your compliments….

It's a deda seat post…..the wheels and the bike were built for me by Tom at GVH bikes in Oregon; I found the frame on his website sent my measurements and we talked frequently through the build……..

For the wheels he used:

White Industries H2/H3 hubs
Velocity A23 rims
Sapim Laser spokes
alloy nipples
weight - 1537g

I agree about the quill stem…..would like to find one that fits the bike and me……I'm hesitant to mess with it…since it currently fits so well….

Thanks Again….
colnago master x light (PR99)

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

My TWBK Extreme-C updated from earlier in the thread. I upgraded to 11 speed over the winter with an SR Ti chainset and Record derailleurs and shifters. I actually had the older SR11 chainset before with the 10 speed setup but needed 172.5mm cranks. Record seatpost changed to Deda Superzero and new SLR Flow saddle.

I usually ride this with Hyperon Ultra Twos as it is my 'climbing' bike with the compact, but my EP was off the road when this picture was taken and I needed the Boras on for a fast circuit training session.

Weight is 6.75kg as pictured.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Lovely build, Mockenru.
Colnago e Campagnolo

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

2014 Strada
Mavic Cosmic SLR
Fizik Arione
Fizik stem
Fizik carbon seat post "been waiting for it forever"
3t ergonova stealth carbon drops
Tacx cages
Lizard skin bar tape
Currently shimano 105 / waiting for SRAM red components to be installed
Dura ace clips

Bike rides like a dream, stiff and razor sharp handling .

How do I attach pics ?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

dadoflam08 wrote:Majorbanjo - must admit I've scanned about 20 pages of this topic and not found an appealing bike (due to my tastes struggling with Colnago's madwoman's breakfast paint schemes) - until now - your Master is beautiful - well done!

Don't like the later editions of the PR99 scheme?

(but I do know how much you love white bikes ;) )

Hansgaard

by Hansgaard

kgt wrote:Lovely C40!
although this bent Thomson seatpost is not my cup of tea...

Agreed...I would have went for a complete Deda setup, but I could not find a Deda stem with -17 degree.

So I went for the Thomson kit. But it looks a bit out of place on a Colnago.

krevass

by krevass

Blackie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com