Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

Waiting for your C60 Calnago. Many wishes for a speedy recovery.

LionelB

by LionelB

Sorry about the crash. I thought you were riding 61trad not 59 ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micro553

by micro553

Calnago wrote:Hi @Vagabond... you're talking about 25 clinchers on 20mm wide rims. Not really a problem there at all. It's when you start running some 25 clinchers on the wider rims when you can get into some clearance issues on the C59 as the same tire will sit higher on a wider rim. For instance, a 25mm Conti 4000S on an Enve front wide rim won't even spin in the fork of C59, at least the C59s before the very latest runs, where they started using a C60 fork.

As to the C60, I have one! And I'm dying to build it up and show it off, because it's a PR99 color scheme and I've not seen a single other C60, in their catalog, online, or anywhere in that color scheme yet. It's absolutely gorgeous... 59 Traditional. But a couple of weeks ago, literally the day before I was going to build it up, I took a 90 degree off camber turn at speed and due to what I think was a very low rear tire pressure, it bit into some soft asphalt (was very hot that day and they had done a couple of fresh patches in the road) and I highsided at 26mph. So, now I walk around and sit and wait with a broken collar bone. Can't do much. Had a concussion as well, and my buddy called me the next morning to "ask how I was doing", but mostly to tell me that he would be over in a half hour to pick up the new frame, which apparently I said he could have in my concussion oriented state at the hospital :lol:

But I'm thinking of just starting the build thread anyway, unlike in the past where I don't do a build thread until everything is all completed.

How did u get a C60 with PR99 color? I have taked to the importer and he has taked to Colnago and it seems impossible to get a C60 in that color. I very happy if it´s possible.

Can´t u put a Picture of the frame here?

Thanks!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Thanks for the speedy recovery wishes. Sucks to be injured at this time of year. Oh well, and now that the cat's out of the bag about the PR99 C60, I'll try to start a build thread in the next day or two, but it may be slow going with one arm/hand. And you know I like to get some good pictures. Right now I can't even hold the camera.
You're right LionelB that I ride a 61 Tradtional, but this 59 just presented itself to me by accident almost and I had to have it and pretty sure it will work size wise for me. I am anxious to see how the difference translates on the road, however. I'll be using about 15mm more of headtube spacers (already have a good plan for that), and the top tube is 9mm shorter with the same seat tube angle, so all in all the bike will be a little lower (but same saddle to bar drop), and a little shorter (9mm). It'll have a wheelbase right in between my Trek Emonda SL (size 60) and my 61 Traditional Colnagos.

@micro553: Wish I could tell you the PR99 was an "available" paint scheme in the C60, but so far it's not. So how did I get this one? Well, probably 2-3 months ago I was looking at available frames for a couple of other folks and the local shop just gave me a printout of everything available from Colnago America. I scanned it all and noticed a PR99 color code which I thought had to be a misprint. I called up Colnago America and asked about it and sure enough, it was a C60 in PR99 in 59 Traditional. I asked if I could order one in 61 Traditional and they said No, and that this was a "one off" that they were sent. I asked what the "backstory" on it was, and they said there wasn't one (there must be something)... Colnago just shipped it to them. I really had no intention of buying a C60 at this point in time, although at some point during it's production I knew I'd probably be tempted and have to add one to my collection when the right color scheme caught my attention. Well, the PR99 is probably my favorite color scheme they've ever done... it's just simple, classy and timeless in design. Whether Retro or Modern, doesn't matter. There's some subtle differences between my PR99 EPQ and the C60 which you'll see in the pics, but they did an excellent job in leaving off unnecessary marketing crap like "Q-Stays" and "Colnago Headset System", etc. I have everything on hand to build it and in some ways I'm certainly glad I wasn't on it when I crashed. My C59 frame came away relatively unscathed I think (still want to have the chainstay looked at a bit closer, and I'm not sure of the damage to the levers just yet, which seemed to take the brunt of the hit. I can't remember any details of the actual crash once in motion, just what I was doing immediately before it happened.
Anyway, more to come soon.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Lookin forward to the C60 PR99 build thread, that's definitely some exclusive material you've got your hands on right there! Can't wait for the pics!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

tids0009

by tids0009

Absolutely cannot wait to see your PR99 C60 Calnago. Be interested to see how they did the Colnago panel decal on the seat tube as the tube is asymmetrical and that wouldn't take too nicely to panel decals I wouldn't imagine.

All the best for a quick recovery too. I know how it feels to break a collar bone. Not a pleasant experience.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Cal, I hope you have a speedy and painless recovery! I'm looking forward to pictures of another of your classy builds.
Colnago e Campagnolo

c50jim

by c50jim

Cal, I think we're about the same height (I'm just over 6'1") and I've been riding 59 traditional Colnagos since 1995. I'm sure you can make that bike fit. If not, you could always ship it to me. It's not a C40 (my ride of choice) but I'd try it anyway.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Calnago. Speedy recovery. Love to see your PR99. I love it in the master X lite. I have a soft spot for white c60.

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

Looking forward to your C60 as well.....your probably the only guy on this forum who knows how to build a proper
Colnago.... :noidea:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well I know I'm not the only guy here who knows how to build a Colnago and this thread itself is evidence of many fine builds. One of the best threads I think around to just browse if you want to look at a bunch of Colnagos.
I'll try to get at least a couple starter pics up tomorrow. And C50jim... I know your bikes are size 59 as well and you came to mind when I got it and thought "who would buy this if I just don't like it size wise", but like you say, I'm pretty sure it'll be just fine. Maybe perfect. Well, despite a little more space under the stem than my other bikes. Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

.....I hope I also came to mind as well, Cal. :)

Also, here is to a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear about the crash.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@Calnago

Sorry to hear about your mishap, wishing you a fast recovery!
Take your time on the build thread though, no hurry :thumbup:

Cheers

tids0009

by tids0009

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com