Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

MOTHER OF GOD! Traditional geometry and it just happens to be in my favorite colorway. Slap on '15 Super Record mechanical and the new 50mm Bora Clinchers and it's a wrap!
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

maraner161

by maraner161

I have just bought a Colnago EPQ traditional geometry in PR82 as shown in the link below (if it works)

http://superglobero.blogspot.com/2011/1 ... drato.html
http://www.lfgss.com/comments/7446412/
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62951

The questions I have and considering I am on a budget are:

Groupset: I did consider putting DA 9000 on as this is what I have available but the obvious choice is campagnolo. So just considering campagnolo I can either go for the older style record 11 speed which I can get hold of from a guy I know or a new 2015 chorus group set with the 4 arm cranks.

Wheels: I have some enve classic 65 tubs already but don't think they would work with this build so it's either Bora Bright ultimate, one, 35, 50 or something like Hyperion shallow sections.
I intend to use tan wall tyres/ tubs.

Finish kit: like the look of the Cinelli Neos as can get bars, stem and seat post but any other recommendations? Saddle could be a black selle italia slr and black bar tape.

Thoughts and comments would be very much appreciated before I waste money on trying to achieve the best look for what will be a modern bike with a vintage look.

Thanks in advance

Karl

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Hi Karl,

I would suggest getting the 2015 Chorus group, sell the crankset and replace it with the older Chorus or Record 11s crankset if you don't mind the trouble. If not, I would just get that older 11s Record group from your friend. For those tanwalls, I think Hyperons would look great. If you choose to get the Boras, I would go for the dark labels as I think the bigger decals could be a little busy for the set up. Black SLRs and black tape should look great. Congrats on getting a very special frameset.

catbill

by catbill

Wow! Cong to maraner161 for getting one of the most well known and symbolic colour of Colnago. The colour of Saronni world championship title bike.

Any Campagnolo groupset would fit in well. My humble opinion for the best fit is the Record Groupset from the same era of the EPQ or EPS.

For wheels, Hyperons surely should mate well. Saddle, handlebar, stem etc. I would go for Italian brands of the same era models.

Colnago is like Ferrari, you want to preserve it as original as possible without adding too much high tech fancy body work or gimmicks. Can you imagine putting an aftermarket rear wing or front spoiler to a Ferrari 288GTO or 599GTB?

No way man :roll:
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

kgt

by kgt

- Campagnolo for sure.
-Bora 35 or Hyperon.
- Cinelli or Deda components.
- Selle Italia or Selle San Marco saddle.
- Black tape.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I've just finished building this AC-R as my new training/spare race/rain bike. I initially did a deal on a black and white (12BK) ex-demo bike, but after a mix-up with the delivery and some subsequent haggling with the retailer I managed to secure a new one for virtually the same price. However no 12BKs were left and this colour (QTAY) is the only one I liked from the new range. By happy coincidence the fluo yellow matches that of my new team strip.

Weight is 7.39kg as pictured.

maraner161

by maraner161

catbill wrote:Wow! Cong to maraner161 for getting one of the most well known and symbolic colour of Colnago. The colour of Saronni world championship title bike.

Any Campagnolo groupset would fit in well. My humble opinion for the best fit is the Record Groupset from the same era of the EPQ or EPS.

For wheels, Hyperons surely should mate well. Saddle, handlebar, stem etc. I would go for Italian brands of the same era models.

Colnago is like Ferrari, you want to preserve it as original as possible without adding too much high tech fancy body work or gimmicks. Can you imagine putting an aftermarket rear wing or front spoiler to a Ferrari 288GTO or 599GTB?

No way man :roll:

Not sure how rare these things are but something said i needed it.

Thanks for the comparison as it does give me a direction on the group set. I just missed out on some s/h hyperons last week but hadn't secured the frame at that point so was difficult to commit.

problem with hyperons is that they are so expensive and difficult to find second hand. I have been offered a new pair of Bora one for £800 which seems like a good buy to me.

Cinelli Neos finishing kit is red and gloss carbon so should look good with black sell italia saddle.

I have just finished a master build PR99 with c record and shamals and will post some pics when i fathom how.

https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot ... 1127_o.jpg

http://craigzadphotos.zenfolio.com/squa ... /e414a9d6b

irongatsby

by irongatsby

That Master is truly magnificent..

catbill

by catbill

Hi maraner161, beautiful master with Delta and C-Record. Speaking of same era components and frame, you seems to be an expert!

Here is my version! Now we can talk. :wink:

Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

maraner161

by maraner161

Bora ones with tubs for £600 seem like a good deal and match for the EPQ??

maraner161

by maraner161

Here is my build of a Colnago Master in PR99 size 61 with a 1991 Campagnolo ergo group set and Campagnolo Shamals.

Hoping to do a similar job with my PR82 EPQ when it arrives.

Image[/url]/url]

ALS

by ALS

eurperg wrote:Image

Loving that

by 0010011

That AC-R is amazing!!
Clean Bike is a FAST Bike

stang1

by stang1

Small update, mates and bikes ;) He was worried about how it was going to turn out but in fact looks so smart looking !

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

maraner161 wrote:

Fantastic bike. Perfect proportions and choice of components. :thumbup:

Looks like a fast train :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com