Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

with that paint scheme you better be a good climber ;-)

catbill

by catbill

Na, not really. Most of you are likely better climbers than me. Just because I say I like chips and look like a potato, doesn't auto imply you have to prepare a lot if I come over for dinner. You know what I mean. May be plenty of wine a better idea.

I enjoy pedal up the hill, especially one side with open scenery where I can see trees, farm houses rivers and the greens getting smaller and smaller. And I like biking alone. Descent on a twisty road is also very satisfying when the car behind gets smaller and smaller.

There are two climbs very close to where I live. A 500m and a 900m height climb. Beautiful landscape, killer hairpins! Take some pictures and show you next time when up.

On a steep climb, the Extreme-C is more responsive and feel lighter when off saddle dancing. The stiffer rear triangle is suitable for ascent. The head tube not as strong as the C59. The C59 is an all round bike.
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Colnago Master Olympic

irongatsby

by irongatsby

@catbill- That's an enviable combination you got there. :thumbup:

HillRPete

by HillRPete

catbill: top bikes and riding attitude :thumbup:

Ignoring the symbolism of the KOM paintjob, I also really really dig the playful looks. Great deviation from the trying-to-look-fast-and-serious of most paintjobs.

catbill

by catbill

Much appreciated for the enthusiasm! :)

Here is my Colnago Master Olympic. Maybe not as beautiful to some but surely more proportional.

Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Colnago Master Olympic

mrfish

by mrfish

Molto bene. But hope you have some other pedals.

kgt

by kgt

The master is fine! It just needs a classier saddle IMHO (Regal, Rolls etc.).

catbill

by catbill

You right kgt, I am looking for a turbo or a Rolls. @mrfish....the pedals you seeing are temporary only for my wife to try out a road bike.

I understand that this is a thread for Colnago fans but somehow I thought........here my only non-Colnago bike. Of all four bikes, this one is most dear to me.

Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Colnago Master Olympic

kgt

by kgt

I wonder where all you guys find these delta brakes!

catbill

by catbill

Still plenty around in the net. Just make sure you get the one with black rubber.
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Colnago Master Olympic

grid256

by grid256

@Ekorre your C59 is fantastic. Love it, and sloping like larger tubed carbon frame should be.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

If I'm not mistaken those are Record Strada or Record Pavé rims on that Ciocc? Those are a rare sight nowadays; I had a pair on C Record hubs when I started racing - excellent wheels.

catbill

by catbill

Wow, you guys are real experts. I like!

@Mockenrue....yes, you got it. The rims are Record Pave 32 holes on Record hubs. The Ciocc is made up of C-record and alloy Record components from 80's and early 90's. Gearing is 9 speed. The rims on the Colnago Master Olympic are Campy Sigma 28 holes on Record hubs.

I first got into cycling in late 80s. Campagnolo, Colnago and basically any Italian stuffs were too far to be reached for a student. The biggest investment I had at the time was the index down tube 105 gear shifting by Shimano and the it was so precise and a joy to use which took me to some very good placing in local and uni racing. Now, I am older, I want to make my dreams come true. Dreams I had 30 years back.

Despite the continue advancement in carbon frames and parts, the ride comfort and sheer beauty of a good steel bike is second to none.
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Colnago Master Olympic

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com