www.starbike.com

Ekorre

by Ekorre

PSM : Thank you, no cant say I know that name

Trychie : Thanks :P

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Ekorre, nice frame... is that one of the newest ones, for 2014 with the revised fork and stays which give a little more clearance than prior C59's. I have not seen one yet and was just wondering how much more clearance they have gotten out of it. I suspect it's not really a brand new fork but rather the same fork with a little more material removed from the crown area. Curious how a set of 25mm tires fit under it.

Looking forward to the build.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

cerro

by cerro

Ekorre wrote:PSM : Thank you, no cant say I know that name

I know the name but don't know Ekorre. Seems like a guy with great taste :)

Ekorre

by Ekorre

Calnago : Yup, its one of the new ones. I have a 25 mm wheelset I will fit tomorrow. Ill post some pictures then.

Here are some pictures of my new love!

6.4 kg with pedals. Not the lightest but it will do :P

liam7020

by liam7020

Ekorre - I like it!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

LionelB

by LionelB

Yeah, I think it will do too.

PSM

by PSM

Please kill that spacer tower.

Nice build !

Ekorre

by Ekorre

Thanks.

PSM : Its going to die soon, just have to find out just how much to cut.
Also thinking about getting rid of the acros headset in favor of a record.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Great climbing bike, but I prefer 50mm carbon wheels. Meilenstein or Bora Ultra two would be perfect imho. I would also take black head tube spacers and another handle bar with different possition. It looks a bit strange on the picture.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

cerro

by cerro

Ekorre: Awesome, now I want to know you ;) What framesize is that? 54?

solarider

by solarider

I don't subscribe to the 'slam that stem' movement. If you need spacers for position, then have spacers. Comfort and ride quality are far more important than achieving that 'pro' look at the sake of either of those.

However, your levers are positioned quite low on the bars, and there is very little backwards rotation on the bars. You could achieve much the same position, and make it more pleasing on the eye by bringing the levers up the bars, rotating them backwards and losing the spacers.

Beautiful build though.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Ekorre: Very nice. When you get some wheels with 25mm tires on the rims, I would love to see some closeups of the clearance between the fork crown and also the rear seat stays, although the current rear seatstay clearance is ample as is.

Only change I'd think about is what you've already suggested... changing the headset out for the "X" version. You have the "Y" version made by Acros. I really don't like that design as much, both from an aesthetic and a functional standpoint. The little wedge and screw just seems like at best it would be a dirt collector and at worse it seems like it would be very easy for it to come loose over time and require constant readjusting. The X version (made by FSA I believe) is much cleaner looking and you also have the option of using the lower top cap or the higher one. You don't have that option with the Acros. Would also get black versus white, but definitely black spacers. Please don't slam it or anything dumb like that unless that truly is where you want it to end up. While 3cm of spacers on top of the headset cover is quite a bit aesthetically, if that's what you need then fine, and 2cm or less is perfectly fine aesthetically as well in my eyes at least. Fit first.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgt

by kgt

I like it! Looks great with the Ventoux IMHO.

PSM

by PSM

solarider wrote:
However, your levers are positioned quite low on the bars, and there is very little backwards rotation on the bars...

Maybe this fits him? :P :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com