Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

JulienLeBreton

by JulienLeBreton

@Salsalover:
It's a brilliant bike, every owner of C40 seems to cherish those ones.
yours is in pristine condition.
Even if it's the wrong size you could change stem and saddle to suit you.
I'm in the same case, normally 54, but with fine adjustments mine at 52 is perfect and really responsive!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

willy

by willy

salsalover, what a nice find!!!!!

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I found almost locally ( Liechtenstein is just 120Kms away ) this stem, is an ITM Eclypse painted by Colnago

A master shaped stem, even though not exactly as nice as the one that came with the bike but it is the right size ( 130mm ) I am waiting for it to arrive.

The one in AD10 that came with the C40 is a 100mm and is indeed too short, I am planning to use this bike as my "travel bike" to take it to the south of the Alps for example.

ImageImage
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

c50jim

by c50jim

Wow, that is one sweet stem. You're a lucky guy to have found it. That was the model of stem that came with my first three Colnagos in the 90s, although without that wonderful paint job. I'm green with envy. It would look great on my Mapei Tecnos too I think (and it's the right size for my kid who rides it).

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I bought the 2 they had, 130 and 120.... will try them first then probably will setup my Master with the 120 one, but I don't know yet... the master looks great with the Cinelli 1A.

It is indeed a great find, not many NOS stems like these in the market.
Hucken The Fard Up !

willy

by willy

@salsalover: dont touch the master! its perfect as it is, the cinelli stem looks very classy. just keep it handy. i am thinking PRZA would be nice with that stem...

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Thanks willy, I am of the same opinion, I guess though the blue is not exactly PRZA, anyway I will receive them on monday probably...then we'll see
Hucken The Fard Up !

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Salsalover: Ok, since it's been raised, I'm also with Willy on the stem thing. Leave the classic Cinelli stem on your Master. I was going to say something but then thought "to each his own". I've run dark label Boras on my EPQ most of the summer but am really of the mind that it just really suits the classic Nemesis/Record wheels best. Live that look and the ride as well. When it's right it's right and the nice quill stem on your Master is right.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

jörgl

by jörgl

Another itm stem :mrgreen:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@jorgl: beautiful bike! Still, I think a nice unpaired plain quill stem would be nicer, and that's it. Love the rest of the setup. Nice and proportional. It all works. It's hard not to love the beautiful chrome stays and lines of the Master.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nutellaurent

by Nutellaurent

rad build! i agree with calnago with the stem subject, but the stem still fits the bike and it looks good as it is. enjoy it :)

jörgl

by jörgl

This way? :D

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Hey Jörgl, that is pretty, did you remove the ITM stem ? looks like is a 120 or so, that would fit mine ;)
Hucken The Fard Up !

jörgl

by jörgl

SalsaLover wrote:Hey Jörgl, that is pretty, did you remove the ITM stem ? looks like is a 120 or so, that would fit mine ;)

No, i didn't remove it. :wink: It has 110mm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

... and Yes I agree , the Cinelli Stem looks better on the Master because it is thinner so it goes better with the Master tubes, but goes well with the C40 thicker tubes

here both for comparison...

Also notice the Master's Fork has thicker legs and is indeed stiffer, interesting....

Master on Cinelli 1A
Master 30th AD10 por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr

C40 on the ITM Eclypse
DSC00699.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Hucken The Fard Up !