Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

catbill

by catbill

Below is a new one-off paint scheme I have seen circulated around in various Colnago distributors websites. I was also told by one distributor that a new line of paint finish will be coming real soon. Perhaps this below one-off is a test on market response.

I have also seen one traditional geometry C60 and customer who ordered it waited over 7 months for the delivery :roll:

Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Michel

by Michel

wow, looks really cool!

aguycalledsimon

by aguycalledsimon

Built this on Friday :D

here is the spec (mfg weight first, followed by actual)

Frame and Fork Assembly:
Frameset including headset bearings 1206 1192
BB cable guide and bolt 4 3
Seat post collar 26 25
Fork (cut) 409 364
Fork Insert 32 44
Headset Top Cover 12 16
carbon spacer 2 2
Wheels:
Campagnolo Bora 35 Ultra Two - Rear 690 679
Super Record 12/25 cassette/lockring 188 200
Campagnolo Rear Skewer 60 63
Campagnolo Bora 35 Ultra Two - Front 480 506
Campagnolo Front Skewer 55 58
1 vittoria corsa sc no valve 255 258
2 vittoria corsa sc no valve 255 258
tub glue 30 26
groupset
Crankset 50/34 603 604
Bottom Bracket Cups 45 40
Front Derailleur 74 72
Rear Derailleur 166 164
Rear Brake (Dual Pivot) 154 147
Front Brake (Dual Pivot) 154 152
Ergopower Shifters 342 350
Record Chain less 5 links 244 225
Finishing Kit:
Saddle - Aspide carbon fx 120 122
Seatpost - colnago carbon 216 223
Handlebars - deda presa 42 205 238
Bartape - lizard skins 60 64
Stem - deda zero100 sc 126 125
Pedals - speedplay zero titanium 166 167
gear cables - jagwire elite link 85 72
brake cables - jagwire elite link 85 72
TOTAL Kg 6549 6531
Total Lb 14.43807354 14.39839033

MartyWild

by MartyWild

Took my new build out for the first taste of hills this weekend, felt like I was in the med this weekend!

ColnaRosa

by ColnaRosa

catbill wrote:Below is a new one-off paint scheme I have seen circulated around in various Colnago distributors websites. I was also told by one distributor that a new line of paint finish will be coming real soon. Perhaps this below one-off is a test on market response.

I have also seen one traditional geometry C60 and customer who ordered it waited over 7 months for the delivery :roll:

Colnago accepts the traditional order after their last summer holiday, i ordered OFWH traditional framesets and ... still waiting, my dealer said it would arrive at the end of this month or the beginning of April, i hope they did not cheat me because i have waited for half year... BTW, i waited 4 months for my traditional C59, eye-watering this time...

PSM

by PSM

mihai wrote:Colnago M10s

Love!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

catbill wrote:Below is a new one-off paint scheme I have seen circulated around in various Colnago distributors websites. I was also told by one distributor that a new line of paint finish will be coming real soon. Perhaps this below one-off is a test on market response.

Oh my, not sure this will be my cup of tea, unless I start wearing shiny silver bike shorts with a Robocop jersey. Perhaps it looks different in the flesh, hope so.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ross

by ross

aguycalledsimon wrote:Built this on Friday :D

Nice! First OFWH build I have liked. What size please and what's your BB-top of saddle height?

majklnajt

by majklnajt

@catbill, love that paintscheme!! Except the slooping frame :(

tommasini

by tommasini

Bely wrote:ImageImage

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Love both (exotic) builds...........and from the set-up details it clearly appears to me that you put in some serious miles with them - keep it up!!!!

catbill

by catbill

@majklnajt, does look way better than any existing colour schemes for me. Of course, traditional would be super!

To be frank, through my findings, observations and cyclists feedbacks in recent years. Some reputable brands who have transferred their top model frames to be made in Asia, mainly Taiwanese factories, were nothing but a slow deterioration of quality.

I sincerely wish Colnago can continue keeping its traditional lugged, high durability, comfort and strong top frames not similar to generally all look alike mono frames made by the few Taiwanese factories.

The above is just my personal humble opinion. Please ignore and don't be offensive by my ego 8)
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

aguycalledsimon

by aguycalledsimon

ross wrote:
aguycalledsimon wrote:Built this on Friday :D

Nice! First OFWH build I have liked. What size please and what's your BB-top of saddle height?

thanks Ross - I thought long and hard about lots of small details and am really happy how it has turned out

My C50 is black, and for this build I wanted a little colour back in my life, and am very glad I did (and also glad to still have the C50.... :D

size is 48s- I was a little worried about large tubes on a small frame, but it looks well proportioned (to me) - I am told that each frame size has subtly different tube diameters?

BB>>Saddle is686mm

fa63

by fa63

mihai wrote:Colnago M10s

That is a good looking bike, except how the shifters are positioned on the handlebar. I don't think that is how traditional bend bars are supposed to be set up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@fa63's comment is so right. I cringed when I first saw it but let it go cuz it's so nice otherwise. Those bars are meant to ramp down from the stem and the flats on the drops should be much closer to level than they are. I like the flats of the drops to be parallel with the stem on a build like this. If you weren't aware of this then you might want to try it next time. If you are aware of this but just prefer your bars like that, then so be it. I love a classic bar personally, where the hoods of my levers are actually 1-2cm below the tops of the bars at the stem. But some people like a flatter transition. Looks like you might, in which case a different bar might suit you better.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ