My BMC SLX01 Racemaster

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Here is my BMC that was the bike that replaced my old Cervelo Prodigy after I was lovingly run down and left unconscious by a hit-run driver mid Feb this year.

And as I've only ever ridden a couple of steel beasts (which I did in fact love), jumping on this contraption was quite a contrast!

Love how smooth the Ultegra is. Can't say I notice how stiff it is, as my other bikes weren't really what you would class as 'flexible'. As for the "weight", well to me it feels about as light as lifting a single Malteaser to your mouth.

I'd also never ridden a compact crank set, and had no idea this had them until the day I picked up the bike. Combined with the much lighter weight, I feel like I fly up the hills.

Put 200km or so into it over the first weekend that I had it, and was amazed that despite having 6 weeks off riding any sort of bike I still felt really good come monday morning. I know for sure that if that were my other bikes I would have been left feeling very battered and "beaten up" the next morning.
In fact I've never actually known how people were able to ride 3 days in a row - due to how I would feel if I'd done some big km's 2 days in a row.

Also finally understand how people enjoy riding in the drops. In all honesty I could have cut them off my other bikes, I never used them. Just never felt comfortable. These however are fantastic! Not sure if it's because the frame is 2 cm larger? Actually don't care. Fact is I love LOVE the drops!

Hope you guys like. And sorry about the very beginner photos :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fitnerd

by Fitnerd

Please flip your bike around for a proper drive side photo!

I'm seeing a lot of this model lately. A LBS owner here just started selling BMCs. He can afford the SLC easily but chose this one instead and it's his new group ride rig. Must be good!

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Great bike and as fitnerd pointed out, we have been seeing these in more frequency just recently. I'd be really interested in seeing how this bike compares to that of a SystemSix!
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Fitnerd's been in Japan??

And there's none around my neck of the woods, which is just fine by me :D

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

:lol: :lol: :lol: No No...when I said we, I was implying WeightWeenies. I had a chance a to ride my cousins SystemSix last week and was slipstreaming behind somebody who was riding an SLX with Easton deep dish wheels and was wondering how the ride quality between the two would differ.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fitnerd

by Fitnerd

Tinea Pedis wrote:Fitnerd's been in Japan??

And there's none around my neck of the woods, which is just fine by me :D

Actually I have been to Japan :) I spent a few weeks there 23 years ago.. Hope to go back again someday.

I didn't mean they are getting too common.. They are still rare but apparently BMCs are getting more recognition as a quality frame lately. We still need a drive-side photo! Stop staring at it and start shooting :lol:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Drive side pic for y'all

However I'm think that she may actually be on the way out...simply because I need the cash for my new house and to complete my 595 build.

:(

Fitnerd

by Fitnerd

I'm sure you'll be happy enough with the 595 that you won't miss the BMC too much :) Good choice!

sawyer

by sawyer

the photos and the bike are great.

And I'm glad you are back in business ... WWs are tough customers!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Fitnerd wrote:I'm sure you'll be happy enough with the 595 that you won't miss the BMC too much :) Good choice!

Thing is, I really really like this bike!

I'm sure the 595 will blow my mind too - but I might almost be like that guy who decides the he likes red wine so starts off by drinking $50 bottles.
I'll enjoy it but really not have much as a reference point....

Whatever the case, I'll just pop it around for sale. But if no one buys it I won't be too sad :lol: but it will mean the Look will take longer to get off the ground.

Damn having to be grown up and by a house! Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com