Hello to everyone!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RZ1

by RZ1

Hi. Found your forum when looking around for answers to some bike questions I have. Quick note about me. My nickname is RZ. Was given to me by a former boss many many years ago. I'm 59 years young, started riding back in 07 on a hybrid. This year in April I upgraded to a road bike. I decided to go crazy and buy a 2011 Madone 4.5. Oh did I mention I'm danger on two wheels? Yep 3 weeks ago, I just fell over trying to turn. Wasn't going fast or anything, but the bike landed wrong on the curb and took a chip out of the seat stay. Trek crash replacement is out of the question so I've sent it off for carbon fiber repair. No news yet since it just got there this past Thursday.

Anyway, I'm searching for a back up bike in the meantime and I haven't found anything yet. I'm a weekend rider and occasionally I would ride with a group Tuesday after work. Since the bike is out for repair, I've discovered spin classes and do 3 a week. I'm from Memphis, TN (Elvis says hi), married with grown boys. Other than that, it's nice to find you guys and look forward to reading some threads and hopefully contributing to some as well.

Thanks, Ron

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

Ron - welcome :welcome:

StuTheWeak

by StuTheWeak

Welcome Ron,

Nice to have another Southern gentleman on the board!

With that said nice bike. Also, it must be hot as hades in Memphis...drink lots of liquids.

Stu
Specialized Allez 06' "Rain Bike" 21.50lbs
Neuvation F100 11' "Road Bike" 16.80lbs
Specialized Tarmac Pro 11' "WW Bike" 14.25lbs

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

:welcome:

Not too far away...

Please post pics when you get your bike back!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

revgilliam

by revgilliam

StuTheWeak wrote:Welcome Ron,

Nice to have another Southern gentleman on the board!

With that said nice bike. Also, it must be hot as hades in Memphis...drink lots of liquids.

Stu

Southern gentleman indeed! I was born in Arkansas and raised in Mississippi myself.

Welcome to the forums Ron! Hope you get your bike back soon. Oh and to beat that Memphis heat you can either move out here to San Francisco.

I miss Memphis! Send me some Rendezvous Ribs and cheese platter!

RZ1

by RZ1

Thanks all! Yes it's hot. Very hot. My bike should be ready by end of August, but even then it will be hot.

I love San Francisco. A friend of mine used to work out in the valley and lived in Oakland. It was my annual vacation. I was fortunate to have visited a lot of the surrounding area, from San Jose to San Simeon. Such a beautiful area to live!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com