Progress Team SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

grover

by grover

Just did the strip and rebuild before I jet off to Italy for a bit of riding and racing tomorrow. As good a time as any for some pics so behold my Progress Team SL. Not a super weenie by this boards standards but a solid race machine. Fingers crossed it holds together for the Offenburg and Houffalize World Cups. Be sure to say hello if you spy me at the races.

Frame: Progress Team SL
Fork: Rock Shox SID World Cup
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Syntace F99
Handlebar: Amoeba Scub HBM115
Grips: Ozriders High Density
Seatpost: Syntace P6
Seat: Selle Italia SLR XP
Shifters: SRAM X.0 Twistshift
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0 Medium
Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: SRAM PG990 11-32
Chain: SRAM PC991 CrossStep
Crankset: Truvativ Noir 175mm 22/32/44
Pedals: Shimano XTR
Brakes: Avid Elixer CR F160 R140
Hubs: Bontrager Race X-Lite (DT Swiss 240s in disguise)
Spokes: DT Swiss Revolution
Rims: Notubes ZTR355
Tyres: Continental Race King 2.2 UCI
Tubes: Michelin C4 Latex
Skewers: Mavic Titanium
Bidon Cage: King Ti (not pictured)
Weight as pictured 9.2kg

iride

by iride

looks freaking amazing, they come lighter and more burly but you have found one of the more brilliant balances of two
ALU is my friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ww4

by ww4

nice bike build grover.

How's the wheelset perform as I'm thinking of the same build components but using DT Swiss hubs. I weight about 74kg, and my main concern is the 32x spokes DT revolution flexing too much as it may not hold my weight.

Also, I'm currently using 2008 FOX RLC 100mm and I'm thinking of getting the next fork. Is the SID ok, how does it perform as I'm not sure about which range of SID (Team or Race?).

grover

by grover

So my european adventure is almost over and there's one thing I would change...an 11-34 cassette on occasion to save the legs on those brutal World Cup climbs. I even got lucky and had dry Offenburg and Houffalize races so I haven't had to change tyres. It's performed faultlessly so couldn't be happier. Unfortunately it's nearly time to say goodbye as the Madrid World Cup is my last race and I've gotta sell it to get home (advertised here).

ww4, the wheels have been perfect. Haven't had to touch them since the initial retensioning and haven't experienced any excessive flex. I've come from Industry9 Ultralights on ZTR355 rims and these are just as confidence inspiring (probably don't look as good though). As to the fork I've not used Fox for a few years as I really liked how the Rock Shox Reba felt. I hated the old SID for stiffness and the pogo stick feel but the new SID feels just like the Reba minus 100grams. The Blackbox Motion Control is nicer than the standard so it's worth getting the Team over the Race.

frd

by frd

Nice solid bike!
Did you race in Switzerland? My team helped in the organization of a race and there were a bunch of Aussies.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beatnik

by beatnik

It´s a Mosso?
Biomechanical spreadsheet. Sizing&Fitting.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8e319d185b