CAAD 9 BB30 project; 6.72kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

cswi9367

by cswi9367

just think if they did a tapered steer tube? oh wow! then maybe they could call it caad x.

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

My Cannondale dealer had one of the first 7900 bikes and he did everything to get it to shift good and finally Shimano sent him a whole new set of 7900. Havn't heard how that turned out yet.

That had my dealer "Seeing Red" pun intended.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slim0861

by slim0861

cswi9367 wrote:just think if they did a tapered steer tube? oh wow! then maybe they could call it caad x.

Why taper the steer tube? I'd be willing to bet the front of my CAAD9 is close enough to a super/system that I couldn't tell a difference.

MaaseyRacer

by MaaseyRacer

Keep the PRO stem, and get some PRO Vibe bars. I prefer that set up to the Thompson I had on my old Cannondale.

Hi|ikus

by Hi|ikus

That thing looks awesome! My frame/fork arrived on Thursday. Also going with SRAM Red. My 58cm weighs 1376g with the standard fork weighing 595g. Seriously considering swapping to a 3T Funda Team as I got the Black frame. Couldn't justify the Si cranks when Cannondale offered me some BB30 Sram Red cranks for seriously cheap. Hopefully I'll have mind build up mid week and I'll create my own thread for it. Man that white looks hot!
Shut up legs and do what I tell you!

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

That is gonna be a great bike.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

The_Boy

by The_Boy

Hi|ikus wrote:That thing looks awesome! My frame/fork arrived on Thursday. Also going with SRAM Red. My 58cm weighs 1376g with the standard fork weighing 595g. Seriously considering swapping to a 3T Funda Team as I got the Black frame. Couldn't justify the Si cranks when Cannondale offered me some BB30 Sram Red cranks for seriously cheap. Hopefully I'll have mind build up mid week and I'll create my own thread for it. Man that white looks hot!

If you got the black frame with red lettering, make sure you get the Team Funda fork. It has red pinstripes on the side of it. I've got a BBQ black CAAD9 with white lettering, and the Pro Funda fork with white pinstripes looks like it was made for that frame.

Hubert

by Hubert

Nice build dude.

Just wondering, what size front derailleur clamp and seat post does that bike take?

Thanks.

PS: Which dealer did you get your frame from? PM me if you want to keep it private.
Turn down the suck knob.

STARNUT

by STARNUT

he works at a dealer. It's not a secret. You can go to any dealer and give them the part number and they'll order it. Easy........ no smoke........ no mirrors.......... In fact the actual part number in 1st post of this thread by airsoft.............

Write it down, and go to thy local Cannondale dealer.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

Ghastly

by Ghastly

i tried that...

didn't work...

STARNUT

by STARNUT

you went into a dealer and gave them them the part number and they didn't want to/wouldn't order it?

:lol:

Starnut

BB30.COM

jmg3

by jmg3

that is a monster cassette, do you live in the alps?
| adiStar Comp 4 |

airsoft510

by airsoft510

jmg3 wrote:that is a monster cassette, do you live in the alps?

Yeah...
I don't live in any mountainous terrain really. the biggest peak being a tad bit over 3,000 ft. I do a lot of hilly riding though, and I'm nothing close to a climber. I'm more of a sprinter/ track rider so I need a easy gear going up hill.

its a 12/27. I only spin out on a couple descents..

nhterra

by nhterra

STARNUT wrote:you went into a dealer and gave them them the part number and they didn't want to/wouldn't order it?

:lol:

Starnut

Also in the Netherlands; I've tried 2 dealers, gave them the part number and they tried to order it.

First I tried to order the following part number: 9ARA95S60WHT. Cannondale told them, that this is a US part number.
Aerozy gave me the part number for Europe: 9ARR960/WHT

But once again Cannondale Europe (in the Netherlands) told both dealers that this is not available. :(

I think I have to find a dealer in the US that would order the frame for me and would like to send it overseas. :?: Good thing about this is the white fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

STARNUT

by STARNUT

My info was good for the US only. So........... you may need to talk to C'Dale Europe about getting it. In the US, you should be able to walk into any Cannondale dealer.......... give them that number....... and get the frame.

Starnut

BB30.COM