Lynskey R420

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Raxel

by Raxel

What size is that NU seatpost? And you won't be disappointed with soul wheelset.. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

31.6x350. There will be a lot to cut off once I set it up.
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

A couple new things:
Alpha-Q bottle cages and Vittoria Corsa EVO 320tpi tires, we'll see how these stand up.
I also have some Ciamillo Zero G black brakes coming in, hopefully on Monday. I haven't gotten ship confirmation on my Chorus 11s Group set yet :evil: The Soul S2.0SL wheelset will also take a while but until then I will be borrowing a wheel set.

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

New brakes. Ciamillo Zero G:

Look KeO Carbon Ti Pedals should be coming in next in a couple of days :mrgreen:

Just wish my Chorus 11s group would get some loving....of course these brakes mean that I won't be needing the Chorus brakes so they will be in the for sale section once i get them.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

This is gonna be good!
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

The all important Box picture:

Now give me some time to put it all together and I'll take more pics.
EDIT:

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Most excellent Szczuldo. Now as mod I am putting my foot down and giving you one day to build it up and post pics! :wink:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

it would be blasphemous for me not to put it together by the end of tonight! But of course good pictures will have to wait until tomorrow.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

Here are some pictures. Only thing that remains is for me to receive my Soul S2.0SL wheels. There are still a couple of adjustments to do regarding fit, and the saddle angle is much more pronounced in these pictures than in real life.

Wheels not included below. Current weight with the Easton wheels I'm borrowing from juanmoretime is roughly 15.4 lbs. I will measure again after a much needed nap!

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Stylin' bike you hot yourself there. I approve. I really, really approve. Love the details, like the Parlee derailleur thingie. Bravo. :thumbup:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Correction; all that's needed is you to jump on this mean machine and ride!

Looks excellent! And fantastic weight with what is certainly not the most WW grouppo out there :beerchug: top work!

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

with how much school work I've had. I only had 1.5 rides on it. Half a ride on sunday because it started pouring 15 miles in, which just so happened to be 2 miles from home. If it wasn't below 60° i would've continued. I'm still adjusting the fit a tad while I wait for Kevin Wilson to come down and do it properly. Should have a ride report after tonight's ride.

I am having strange front derailleur adjustment issues. Especially in the big ring. It's either the Parlee clamp holding the derailleur out too far or the right crank arm is too close to the frame. I cannot even get to the last index point otherwise the chain will be on my foot.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

So I'd give a better ride report but when there are thousands of aphids hitting your face it's hard to concentrate on the actual ride.

I feel pretty dang comfortable on it. I'm doing a century on Saturday if weather permits so we'll see how I feel after that, and can do a better ride report after that. I'm still getting used to the shifting coming from shimano but it feels a ton better. Like I mentioned earlier, I am having strange Front derailleur issues but I'll play with it some more and see what I can do.

The acceleration is unreal compared to my 22lbs steel bike. I did not think i'd notice it that much but losing a ton of rotational weight definitely shows. I'm taking it easy until KMC comes out with it's 11 speed chain. I put the chain on with a regular chain tool, it's possible but requires an extreme amount of patience and I'd much rather deal with something else. I did put some sprints in today and it held up, so I'm not worried about it breaking apart. Felt great in the sprint. I need a couple more to really get a feel for it.

The only thing I might want to change on it is get something like a -17° stem and have it a bit shorter to get some more drop. The Zipp Contour SL bars are most comfortable. The wide, flat tops make for a very comfortable forearm resting spot.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

My latest acquisition. I need something better than a fish scale to weigh my entire bike. Weight is 14.85lbs and should go down even more when My Soul S2.0SL wheels come in. Should be a good margin under the limit with those wheels. I'll find out how comfortable this saddle is either tomorrow morning or saturday.

No pictures of the complete bike as the weather is pretty crummy. Those will probably wait until I get the soul wheels.

So far bike runs nice, drivetrain is a bit louder than I like but I've read that changing the chain not long after you purchased a new cassette will quite it down. So I'm looking forward to the KMC X11SL chain by the end of the year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

range
Shop Owner

by range

Beautiful build. These Lynskey Ti frames are getting more gorgeous every year.
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105