Groupset: Shimano Dura-Ace
Pedals: Look Keo Carbon
QR: Tune AC 15+16
Bottleholders: Tune

Final weight is 6945gr incl. bottleholders
Attachments
DSC02339-800X600.JPG
DSC02330-800X600.JPG
Last edited by Taz on Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

santabarbara

by santabarbara

I don't like Tarmacs, but I really like yours. Nice.

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

I like my Tarmac :D and yours looks very nice. I take it you'll be upgrading as time goes on...will that be a racing bike or a weekend group ride rig?

Taz

by Taz

santabarbara wrote:I don't like Tarmacs, but I really like yours. Nice.

Coming from a guy that does not like Tarmacs this is a real compliment. Thanx :D

Taz

by Taz

XL_Carbon wrote:I like my Tarmac :D and yours looks very nice. I take it you'll be upgrading as time goes on...will that be a racing bike or a weekend group ride rig?

It will be used for both (only road bike I own, got into road biking to improve my MTBing :oops: ). I don't think I will be doing any upgrading soon (can't think of anything really, except for a set of Zipp carbon tubulars as race day only wheels)

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

Taz wrote:It will be used for both (only road bike I own, got into road biking to improve my MTBing :oops: ). I don't think I will be doing any upgrading soon (can't think of anything really, except for a set of Zipp carbon tubulars as race day only wheels)

Carbon tubulars will lighten it a bit...I'm thinking about getting myself a pair too. I have an S-Works Tarmac E5 that I'll use for racing...still building it and hopefully it'll come under 15lbs. Let us know how you like your ride as you get more miles in. :)

santabarbara

by santabarbara

OT: I'm waiting on a set of Corima 12K Aeros, red Tunes (20/24), CX-Rays. Should be really nice and lite.

Back to that Tarmac

Taz

by Taz

santabarbara wrote:OT: I'm waiting on a set of Corima 12K Aeros, red Tunes (20/24), CX-Rays. Should be really nice and lite.

Back to that Tarmac

Price and weight?
Pleeeeeeease? :D

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

santabarbara wrote:OT: I'm waiting on a set of Corima 12K Aeros, red Tunes (20/24), CX-Rays. Should be really nice and lite.

Back to that Tarmac

Sounds like a very good wheelset...The one set I'd like to have is a pair built on M5 full carbon 50mm aeros with front/rear M5 hubs. My Sinus front has the thin M5 hub and I'm really digging it. 8) Yes, back to the tarmacs. :)

santabarbara

by santabarbara

Price ~1200.

Weight 1200g? Just a guess. We'll find out soon.

That's $/g. Crazy exchange rate!

santabarbara

by santabarbara

You can get a lighter saddle and seatpost, although I don't know how much that pave SP weighs. Info?

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

santabarbara wrote:You can get a lighter saddle and seatpost, although I don't know how much that pave SP weighs. Info?

Yeah, ditch the seatpost...it's well made and comfy post but it's darn heavy. Not too many white light weight saddles out there and I think taz would like to keep it white...it works better for his setup.

santabarbara

by santabarbara

You can take my boat of a saddle Regal out of my hands. :)

Seriously, finding a white (non-carbon) saddle that's light will be difficult. I personally would stick w/ the white saddle - black saddles on most Tarmacs out there somehow make the bike look ugly.

Taz

by Taz

santabarbara wrote:You can get a lighter saddle and seatpost, although I don't know how much that pave SP weighs. Info?

185gr @ 350mm

About the saddle it is not that heavy @ 163gr and it is really comfortable (no numbness) and most important of all it is the second lightest (SLR being the lightest but not so comfortable) WHITE saddle I could think of.

Edit: Actually third lightest if you include the San Marco Aspide Carbon but I have ridden one for like 5km and my @$$ did not like it very much :wink:
Attachments
DSC02140-800x600.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

My bad...your post isn't too heavy relative to mine which I thought came with your bike. Mine's the SP Pave with the insert in it @246g. I couldn't tell which you had in your pic.

About saddles, well, granted everyone's got different experiences, when I rode an m2 carbon saddle for 1 season (last year) my butt got use you to it and for that time it was quite comfortable but when I broke it and went back to an SLR I didn't realize how comfy padded saddles are. :)